Thread: adhesives

adhesives

Ok, I need some ideas on how to attach my sattelitte radio antennae on my new truck. This was the antennae on my toy before its unfortunate demise. It had been held on by some heavy duty two sided tape, but I ruined that stuff when I pulled it off of my crushed cab. Any ideas on how to mount the thing? The antennae looks like a computer mouse, and somehow I doubt running some screws through it is gonna work.

AgDieseler
    There is a glue that came with a dryer repair kit from Sears I once used. It was by far the strongest stuff you'd ever seen. It currently is holding my door latching post in place, so it's a very permanent fix. Try Sears, and see if they have it; I think it was actually called "Dryer Glue."

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    That "heavy duty double sided tape" you were reffering to is made by 3M and is actually used for emblem adhesive. You can get it at any body shop supply and it's usually not very expensive. It will be the easiest to use and if you ever had to take the antenna off, it will come off without having to apply a considerable amount of force but will still hold it onto the truck very secure. Just make sure you clean both surfaces with rubbing alcohol before applying it.
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

It's called Scotch-Mount Molding Tape. Got it at Wal-mart near the dupli-color crap and the vent-visors, I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools