Thread: zolatone

zolatone

Whats everyone opinion on it? I know scott uses it, but other than seeing it on his rig, I really don't have any experience with it. I'm thinking about using the solid black, or perhaps the kind specked with white on the body and frame on my truck. Also, where can I find the stuff locally?

I hate black, my blazer is black now and in the summer touching it is not pleasent at all!!!!
    1988 Blazer...RIP

that is because you are a wuss. Black is the best color on any vehicle period, anyone that says different you should question their social values, and their beliefs as an American, or something
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

bigFAWKINranger
    black is cool. as for zolotone, i saw an EB this weekend with blue/white speckled zolotone... his rig was sweet, but he was a MAJOR ****ing *****. i did cooler **** in 2WD in the ranger than he would in his super pimp EB. so i think zolotone is for wussies.

I would think that black would be a pain in the ass to clean, and would probably stain with the texture and porosity of zolotone. In other words it would look good for a while and then look like **** once it saw off-road use.

BigRedFord04
    adam, you forgot to mention that he had 3 layers of clearcoat over his zolotone the EB was pimp, fuel injected 5.0 HO, polyurethane bushings all around, wristed arm, lockers, etc....but the driver lost his clue somewhere

Most of the trucks I've owned were black, and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna keep the toy black. ****, with the texas heat that thing is gonna be hot no matter what color it is, unless maybe I chrome the whole damn thing I figured zolatone would be cool cause of the rough look to it. I thought about the dirt staining it, and I don't know if that would be a problem or not. Thats why I'm posting, to see if anyone has actually seen it happen.

who ever the pres was a while back of FWD-FWD, he had a stretched CJ5, and had the entire truck Rhino-Lined. He said he would never do it again for the reason of the stains from dirt and mud. He said mud stuck to it like glue. It did look kinda crappy. It was all faded and brown lookiing. And his jeep was even a more forgiving red instead of black.

I don't think Greg's Jeep's Rhino 'paint' job was ever the same after teh mud running he did in Alto a couple years ago.

Shaggy
    my bronco is superlined and i think it looks cool. i wouldn't do superliner again because of the cost and the weight. i like linex, it is thinner and weighs less, not as rubbery. my blue wont ever fade is what the guy said but my tan inside has gotten stained and dirty. my top is black and it has held up well also. my only other complaint is that when we did it we sandblasted it and put it to bear metal. i say if ya sand blast it prime it, because it isnt on there very thick in some places and i think it might eventually rust through. mudd sticks to it and it is hard to clean but when it is all cleaned you can spray some armorall jiz on it and it is way bling bling. looked great before i rolled it... i could actually get girls to ride in it.
    all for now