So the other day my truck dies while im going down the road. Battery is dead. So easy enough I change the battery and the alternator just to be safe (alternator under warranty, battery so dead it wouldnt charge)

Well the battery was out of the car for a day, so I'm thinking that the computer reset itself. It was a bitch to start after I put the new battery in, but it finally started. It ran ****ty for a couple of minutes, but then it was fine. It ran like a motor with the timing ****ed up on it.

I started it 10 times yesterday throughout the day, and it turned over, but it still took a while to start.

I drove it to work today, and it died again, but it still turned over ok, just no gas getting there im thinking.

So here is my thoughts. The service engine soon light is on, read the code, it says "cam shaft to crankshaft misalignment error" this tells me that either the camshaft positioning sensor or the crankshaft positioning sensor is bad. But I dont know which and they are relatively expensive.

I'm thinking that since the computer has reset, it is freaking out because it is trying to get readings from those sensors and since one is ****ed up, it cant get the timing right.

Any ideas? Does this make sense or should i stop using this marker in a non-ventilated area?