Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: OBD II ?'s

so what's the verdict?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Saturday - girlfriend's dad's birthday...**** to do all day
    Sunday - ordered parts from o'reilly
    Monday - changed crank sensor, no help, attempted to change cam sensor, realized its in the distributor, bought torx set to take apart distributor as well as engine coolant sensor, torx set broke after two screws, took it back to o'reilly, called it a night

Today i'm putting in cam sensor and engine coolant sensor

If that dont work its going to a shop

I'm beginning to think it is a ground issue because when the truck warms up, you have to rev it up to keep it going and when you do that, the speedometer will move all the way up to 15 mph(while you are sitting still), the oil pressure gauge freaks out, and the voltmeter freaks out.

This Sucks!!!!!

On a side note i did find out that if you run the truck with the airbox off it gets really pissed off and runs like ****
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

JeepsterJayson
    Yeah MAF hates not having a voltage reading.
    I put an alternator in our 98' Chevy 1 ton w/ 350 (Sears delivery truck) and had no problems. It ran good for about three months, then when we were doing a delivery 40 min away from G-town it decided to short out the entire wiring harness from the alternator to distributor and battery. Well Auto zone warranty covered the alternator and the boss covered the other $600. Story short I wouldn't trust a new alternator if it didn't run like crap tell after the replacement. It could be giving it a weak voltage to the distributor but I have never heard of an engine running like crap when your alternator is going out. But thats my experience with crappie alternators.

Originally posted by Snatch Adams

I'm beginning to think it is a ground issue because when the truck warms up, you have to rev it up to keep it going and when you do that, the speedometer will move all the way up to 15 mph(while you are sitting still), the oil pressure gauge freaks out, and the voltmeter freaks out.

This Sucks!!!!!

On a side note i did find out that if you run the truck with the airbox off it gets really pissed off and runs like ****
    This sounds like there is a voltage problem still. The gauges freak out when there is low voltage. Same thing with having to rev the engine to keep the ignition going. Have you checked for corrosion on the battery cables? Sometimes with a corrosion problem you will see normal voltage until you go to start it. Does it always start? Thats where I would start.

-Mark
    Just when you though it was safe to go back in the water...

fbronco86
    for real who is this snatchadams guy what a fag sorry jerry my dads truck has not done this yet. but i am sure it will do it with in a few weeks.

she's sitting at the dealer now....

It's a ripoff i'm sure, but it only drives for 5 minutes before it shuts off so it had to be somewhere close.

they are gonna charge me $75 to figure out what is wrong with it, but if they do the work there, they wave that fee.

Still waiting on a call back from them
    So you loose, I win!

Yeah so the short story is....

the bottom end of the motor is trashed

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At the beginning of the summer the intake started leaking....i posted a thread about it....well i pressure tested the coolant system, and it stopped leaking, i'm thinking the gasket must have been pinched or maybe there was some **** in between the gasket and metal that the pressure test blew out (stupid stupid stupid) turns out the coolant was leaking right into the motor and now the bearings in the motor are shot....

its pretty sweet you can hear the crank rolling around in there and the motor makes no power and no oil pressure

changed the oil twice....milky both times with cool pieces of glitter in it

so anyone got a line on a small block, the fun part will be telling my mom how i need to borrow multiple thousands of dollars to put in a new motor.
    So you loose, I win!

and that kids is what lack of maintenance, laziness, and beating the **** out of your truck will do for you
    So you loose, I win!