Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 4.3???

4.3???

There is a guy on pirate that is selling a 4.3 with everything for $300. Has 70,000 miles on it. Sound like a deal??? Fred, Jimmy??? This is what i want to run in my buggy and I have no idea what all this costs at a bone yard!
    1988 Blazer...RIP

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    That's probably not a bad price, but I'm not a big 4.3L fan. I figure for the trouble you go through to wire, mount, and bolt up a transmission to it, you've done all the work to run a smallblock but you're getting screwed out of two cylinders worth of torque and hp. I'd just run a 350 with aluminum heads doug.
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

I want to keep it relatively small....I figure it's a couple 5-6 inches shorter?
    1988 Blazer...RIP

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    5-6 inches isn't **** in an engine bay. That difference is like running a mechanical clutch fan on a 4.3L or running a set of electrical fans on a smallblock. Even if you're worried about front end visibility, you can set the motor back a couple inches. Not a big deal when building something from scratch.
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

I'm planning on having a long drive train. Either a doubler or dual trannies, so every inch counts. I think i'm going to just go with the 4.3 This one is cheap and they are more plentiful!
    1988 Blazer...RIP

more plentiful than a small block Chevy?

Astro's, S10's, s10 blazers, full size trucks, vans, safari's etc.... I'm talking TBI 4.3 vs. TBI 5.7 I can get 4.3 TBI's all day long around here at junk yards but not 5.7's
    1988 Blazer...RIP

JeepsterJayson
    The 4.3 is a good engine. Thats why they used them for 20 years at least. They can get pretty good torque numbers with the right bolt on doodads and will run cooler, quieter, and save you some gas which is probably not what your worried about. Is that a complete engine with FI and accessories? Even if not you can find every thing you need for one easy.

Only thing lacking is the 02 sensor which i'm not worried about at all
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Is it here in tx or in BFE Oregon or California

That prob could cost another hundred bucks to ship from all the way out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

Oh yeah it's in houston...probably pick it up this weekend

Hey jerry I'm going to beaumont on Friday to meet blair and her friends at karls. I think we are going to hit the "town", you and sammy interested?
    1988 Blazer...RIP

i'm supposed to go deep sea fishing this weekend...i'll see what sammy wants to do
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

stinger7401
    They'rrrrrreeee Great! Mine cost me 600 with the harness...

I think a small block would be the way to go, but I also think you are gay anyway, so gay it up fawker, run the 6... I think that sounds like a fair deal as long as it is all kosher, might be able to find it cheaper at the yard, but not too much more, and this way you might know the history, and you won't have to pull it from the yard...I will make fun of you however, everytime I see you and your buggy I will say things like, "Oh look it's so cute, it almost looks like a v-8", and "Neat Stuart's mom's minivan had the same motor", and let's not forget, "Doug's motor it's missing a couple, much like his penis"
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

I had one more piece of advice. Why not buy the motor after you have gotten all the other pieces you need. Are you starting on this buggy tomorrow? You don't want a motor sitting around for 2+ years before you put it in unless you are planning on going through it anyway, right DavidO?
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.