Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 4.3???

AgDieseler
    LS1=aluminum block & heads
    LT1=iron block & aluminum heads

crawlingno5
    thanks, it was supposed to be a joke.. didnt fred get all upset b/c someone didnt know the difference between the two?

Originally posted by crawlingno5
    LS, LT whats the difference?
    one is tpi, the other is tbi

Originally posted by Snatch Adams
    By the way doug, I agree with you on the 4.3, i want to go all toyota drivetrain (except axles) when i build mine for the same reason, light and bulletproof.
    Same here, light wieght and strong is the way to go. Thats why my next rig will probally be sporting either an all toyota or suzuki drivetrain, or a combination there of, and be sitting on on a set of d44's (with 4 wheel steering )

As for the SM465 to a yota engine and tcase, yeah it exists as Ugly noted, but why? Yota dual cases and gear sets are getting so cheap that you could gear it to the moon for a lot less than what the SM465 setup would cost you. And from what I've heard the SM465 really has to big of gaps between gears, the toy engine seems to prefer syncronized trannys.

Originally posted by eight
    Use a jetski motor. They're up to 175 hp now, all aluminum, extra light, and use more gas than a big block. And they probably use those mikuni carbs that will run sideways.
    There you go, but get that new supercharged sea doo motor, I think its 185+

'88-'93(?) Ford SHO motor
    3.0 L, all alum. V6 by Yama-ho
    up to 300hp with bolt-ons
    Advanced Adapters can't mate it up to anything, tho and they come with front drive trannys
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools