Thread: this semester's trips

this semester's trips

Have the trips for this semester been discussed yet?

I have three day weekends until I get a job, so I'd like to come on up the weekend of the thursday mall meeting. Then if there's enough interest, I'd like to get a short trp planned. Maybe we can get some of the newbs to come out.

I don't really care if it's a trip to Shiloh - the trails there could keep most of us busy for a day.

I've just been on an involuntary wheelin hiatus for almost two years and I've got the bug now that the Jeep is more or less running like it is supposed to.

AgDieseler
    I think that most of the planned trips will be discussed at the first Rudy's meeting, but informal stuff can be organized anytime.

fbronco86
    i think we should get a trip as soon as we can. I dont care where it is i just want to do something. lets not just sit around with are head in our but like we do most of the time.

OK...I guess the humor in that last post wasn't shared.

I'm trying to do just that, get something informal started. I know that the first meeting in thursday the 11th, so why not get a little trip going for that following saturday since it's the first non-home-game weekend. I threw Shiloh out there since it's not a far drive and it could be a fun day trip granted no one does anything insanely stupid and there aren't too many in the group.

I figured all of the returning members may want to get a trip in now that the school year has started and some of us have done new mods that may not have been tried out yet.

Plus I need some inspiration to work out my cooling problems...the humidity down here in Mexico makes it hard to work for more than 15 solid minutes.

Our humidity isn't much than 100%, but I know it's a bitch.

College Station feels like West Texas after sweating for a day at the coast...

BigRedFord04
    Originally posted by bburris
    Plus I need some inspiration to work out my cooling problems...
    i think after a trip to Alto you would have no choice. I spent an entire day out there overheating....remember? thats why i was riding with you when you sank in that hole. i replaced my ENTIRE cooling system after that trip...radiator, water pump, fan clutch, fan, coolant....i might go to pull people out and ride trails, no mud holes for me, i'm tired of replacing wheel bearings.

I have no interest in playing in the slop, but watching the rednecks was always fun, AND the trails out there are pretty cool. There are some decent hill climbs and crap that not many of us ventured out to.

I already know I have cooling issues because my junk overheated today while we were out playing at the beach. It rained last night and this morning, so a few of us took off for some mud flats and some sand crawling.

On some steep sand climb my Jeep decided to hit ~250* and start boiling into the overflow, and then spit the overflow cap off and start boiling out of the container, so we had to sit and watch the mosquitoes swarm while it cooled down.

I decided that it was from the low speed driving since my fan shroud got left out in reassembly and there isn't much chance of airflow in the foot between the fan and the radiator, so I started hitting the berms on the beach at about 40 (4th gear, low range) to keep air flowing and to keep the 2-40 a/c going.