Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Whooop!!!

Fresh Cope, It Satisfies! StevenAg03's Avatar
    Andy, i think you are gonna have to spring for a 102" gooseneck or something of the sort. It is definatly gonna have to be a deck over trailer. those axles are gonna be close to normal full widths if you use hummer rims. Davids 42's stick out about 3-4" on each side of the tub in the rear. I think brian richey's 33" TSL's stick out farther then that on a stock rear axle....
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500
    82 CJ-7 - sitting in a field...

"....Your theory is f*cked up like a football bat...."

That trailer will work. The bronco fits on mine. Scott just added a pipe rail over one fender. The tire rides up the pipe and over the fender. then back down the other side to come to a rest in front of the fender. This method works good. Or you could beef up the fenders to hold the weight of the jeep riding over it.
    '50 F-1 (some day might be a 4x4)
    '10 Expedition EL
    '09 F150 Supercrew

Fresh Cope, It Satisfies! StevenAg03's Avatar
    i think i remembered him saying something to the effect that they were around 74" wide. that is 10" wider then my turck and i would imagine that your bronco is around the same width as my truck .....that said....his would be a little bit wider then yours i think...
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500
    82 CJ-7 - sitting in a field...

"....Your theory is f*cked up like a football bat...."

Originally posted by Cajun
    David, what is your overall width with the 4-deuces mounted? How about WMS to WMS? I'm trying to get a rough estimate on how wide this thing is going to be. I've got a buddy selling a 18' trailer with an 82" deck (I don't think that's gonna be enough) but I want to check it out.

With the current axle, I'm 78" in the ***, measured from the outside of the tires. Not too shabby for running 42s. I'm hoping that the Corp 14 will be the same.

~dso
    The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'

Mine is around 86" from outside of tire to outside of tire.
    '50 F-1 (some day might be a 4x4)
    '10 Expedition EL
    '09 F150 Supercrew

Well, it looks as if my buddies trailer will be sold anyway. The problem with it was that it had a pipe rail about 2' above the deck which provided most of the trailer's strength. I would've had to cut the rail off and then do something to strengthen the trailer. Plus he wanted too much for it.

I'll probably end up with a tandem dual or triple single gooseneck big enough for 2 vehicles. Not much urgency in a trailer right now, since the CJ is at least a year from completion.