Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kate's Lift

Shaggy

Kate's Lift

We started on Kate's lift today. This is some of the progress we made.

This first picture is of Kate taking the spring bucket off

Shaggy
    This is Austin doing the other side.

Shaggy
    This is a view from the front. Notice the lovely cender blocks with jackstands on them... we believe in being safe.... right

Shaggy
    This is the pass side coil... it was broke

Shaggy
    This is a pic of the swaybar that broke with slight Kate pressure... and a little Kate clevage too . needless to say we broke about 50% of the bolts trying to pull things apart.

Shaggy
    Stock coil next to lift coil...

Shaggy
    This is one of Kate taking the driveshaft off... don't you love it when a girl isn't scared to get a little dirty... no pun intended... maby

Shaggy
    I finished pulling the axle off when Austin went to take Kate to work. We are using the arms off my dana44 because we are too lazy to drill out all the broken bolts.

BigRedFord04
    we seem to have run into a problem...the lower bolt for the trac bar is pretty well frozen on there. and by pretty well i mean that i've already tried using tate's 8 foot piece of DOM as a breaker bar and it wont budge, so it needs to be cut off. does anyone have a sawzall we can use for about 30 mins?

I've got a crappy 4" Die Grinder. You can borrw it if you think it will work.

Ingenloff
    Originally posted by BigRedFord04
    we seem to have run into a problem...the lower bolt for the trac bar is pretty well frozen on there. and by pretty well i mean that i've already tried using tate's 8 foot piece of DOM as a breaker bar and it wont budge, so it needs to be cut off.

Actually, the entire problem with this whole project is the fact that when I say rust is the only thing holding my pos together, I'm dead serious....I think a good majority of the suspension on there is stock - 25yrs with no love has made it a pain in the ass to work with.

Shaggy
    damn just got back from alto and it seems that there was NO progress today... oh well... just another vehicle in pieces in our driveway

True Hollywood Stry
    is that the six inch lift that yall are putting on, i am going to do the six inch on my 78 as soon as i get the money for the rest of the lift got the coils so far good luck on the rest, my track bar took alot of wd-40 and impact wrench

kevin
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

Ingenloff
    Originally posted by stx4wheeler
    is that the six inch lift that yall are putting on, i am going to do the six inch on my 78 as soon as i get the money for the rest of the lift got the coils so far good luck on the rest, my track bar took alot of wd-40 and impact wrench
    Yeah, just a 6" lift, which really is only 2" above stock, so it's nothing massive at all....the trac bar is simply going to get the sawzall taken to it (hopefully tomorrow afternoon) - the wd-40 just ain't workin'...gotta go buy new calipers, longer brake line, and a new u-bolt for the drive shaft, not to mention replace all the bolts that have simply broken off when we tried to remove them. Hopefully that'll be the extent of more money to be spent or problems yet to be encountered....I'm not holding my breath on that one, though.

At least you know your truck will be in better shape than it was before.