Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kate's Lift

so what are you doing for a track bar...?? and you mean that 6" is 2" higher than a stock hiboy?? -- yeah when you are done it will be cool to look at all the new hardware, and know that none is broken like your coil was, and that you could twist off all the bolts if you needed to...and that it can prob take a pounding to boot. now just hurry and finish!!
    Seth Stewart '04
    2000 Suburban DD
    1995 F150 SAS - Needs more work to sell
    1998 GMC pickup - sold
    2003 Yukon XL - wrecked/motor donor
    1975 Scout - TBD
    1976 Scout - parts truck
    1972 IH 1310 dually - TBD
    196? Scout 800 - 302 roller

BigRedFord04
    damn...i think everyone is getting anxious...it'll only be 2" higher than stock b.c. the stock high boy is a factory 4" lift. the previous owner took out 2" lift in the back (replace blocks w/ shorter ones) and put regular 4x4 coils on w/ a 1" spacer b.c. "he didnt like how it sat". we've gotta cut the lower bolt off the track bar b.c. the bar itself is getting replaced w/ a superlift adjustable track bar (p/n 1081...i think).

"Eduardo" - The Pink Jeep Lynda's Avatar
    I think the new tires will make it look pretty massive though. I'm just happy Kates getting what she wants from the club....... a chance to learn more about a trucks, work on them, and get her monster truck she always wanted WAY TO GO KATE!!!!!!!!!
    I think you and I should race real Monster Trucks That way we dont' have to pay OR work on them
    Lynda
    Project "CJ" in the works: http://tamor.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6982&highlight=lynda

Ingenloff
    Originally posted by Lynda
    I think the new tires will make it look pretty massive though. I'm just happy Kates getting what she wants from the club....... a chance to learn more about a trucks, work on them, and get her monster truck she always wanted

Actually, the tires will look about right with the lift and whatnot...as for height issues, I have yet to come across a rig in which I have to work to get into the driver's seat ....and most definitely the learning thing is nice. I've been told/shown a lot before, but doing the work is always the most helpful. By the end of the semester, between this and AGSM 201, I'll be set.....And as Nutz said, I'll know at least some of my truck is in safe working order.

After this, all she'll need are:
    -gears
    -lockers
    -headers
    -stripped down to the metal, lots of body work, and new makeup

And like everyone one else in the club, the list goes on and on and on....too bad the checkbook ain't as healthy

Originally posted by Lynda
    I think you and I should race real Monster Trucks That way we dont' have to pay OR work on them
    SWEET! I'm not sure if that's a good or a scary thought...Get you me and Lissa all out there. But either way, it'd be badass
    Last edited by Ingenloff; 09-22-2003 at 09:21 AM.

Did you guys cut that trackbar yet? PB Blaster and a little heat usually do it for me, but if Tate's willing to donate...
    Christ! New brakes, track bars, etc., etc. Don't you just love it when a project takes all of your credit cards, instead of just the one you were planning to use?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

True Hollywood Stry
    one more question are yall using radius arm drop downs or the 7 degree bushings, and also if you cant find that sway bar end link you can still drive with out it with no problem, when i bought my bronco it was missing and i drove it for quite a while with only one of them and i made almost no ride difference than it rides now.

kevin
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

Ingenloff
    Using 4degree bushings in herited from a friend of a friend...and the sway bar is entirely coming off. I doubt it'll make much difference seeing as the links connecting them to the frame were maybe half and inch thick.

Trac bar has not yet been cut (at least to my knowledge) we're hoping to work on that this afternoon after classes.

As for my poor credit card....dammit, I had just zeroed out the balance on that damn thing too......oh yeah...forgot that I gotta get three sets of shocks to....

BigRedFord04
    the truck came w/ somewhat of drop brackets already, more so than are on my `95. I've got 7* bushings and i think its too much. sooo....she got 4* bushings for FREE w/ radius arm bushings (all polyurethane) so we're gonna use those. we werent planning on putting the sway bar back on anyway...its just more bushings to wear out. sway bars are for jeeps...i.e.

True Hollywood Stry
    thats a good point about the sway bar we relocated it back a couple inches on my friends bronco, but i think that off is better anyway just one more thing to break good luck with everything else
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

Originally posted by stx4wheeler
    is that the six inch lift that yall are putting on, i am going to do the six inch on my 78 as soon as i get the money for the rest of the lift got the coils so far good luck on the rest,
    If i were you I would drag putting the lift on out over a whole summer, stack it all up on your credit cards, by lockers tires lift and gears, get it all installed, and then sell the POS for a quarter on the dollar.

At least thats what i did
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

BigRedFord04
    its a great afternoon for workin' on trucks....anyone who wants is welcome to come over in about an hour and help us out. we're goin' to discount to get tires then ho'reillys to get some of the aforementioned necessary parts. any questions call 512.468.1604

BigRedFord04
    we quit workin' about 4am tonite. made a couple of last minute runs to the parts store. started off well, used 3 blades on the sawzall to cut thru the track bar bolt. got the new coils, radius arm bushings, c-bushings, track bar (and bushings), "new" center link on the steering (b.c. kate bent the old one in Llano) and front brake line "extension" all installed. rear leaves are removed. picked up the tires and had them mounted today. was hoping to have it ready for the truck show but realized we dont have new u-bolts for the back. the ones that were on there are too long b.c. they were for a 2" block and the new leaves arent that much thicker. once we get everything done she's going to order shocks...figger, a couple of days w/o them will just give her a chance to "loose up" the new suspension. we'll keep y'all posted. i'm sure tate will post some pics sometime soon.

Shaggy
    pics are on my to do list... i am kinda busy and will get some up shortly

Shaggy
    pics will be up sometime soon. seems i got **** to do they will be up later maby

BigRedFord04
    i'm running into a slight problem when putting her front axle back together. it seems the axle shafts dont want to extrude far enough for me to be able to get the inner snap rings on them. any ideas why or what i can do? anyone is welcome to come and help.