Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Official Llano R. trail report.

Official Llano R. trail report.

I figured I start a new thread in the trip section to get the thing out of the kitchen. Nothing exciting happened to me except for a little water seeped in thru the door. I also got a new dent in the front diff from one of those underwater land mines that hide in the murky churned up water. I'll try and have some pics I took of the trip up tommorrow. I had a good time except for the fact that my passenger was dead weight w/ a big beer belly.
    I also got to do a little fly fishin and caught a few Guadalupe Bass by the swimming hole (can't remember what that rock was called). Jerry and I got covered by some kind of leech looking worms. Kind of freaky. I felt like I was Humphrey Bogart on the African Queen. Jerry could have played Katherine Hepburn...an ugly one.....ok, a real ugly one....ok,ok.....maybe not.

TRDyota
    are we ever gonna go back to Llano before they close it down? One of the locals mentioned that they are pushing for having the river opened up next year for 5 or 6 supervised events.

Yeah but did you see those "locals", I dont see a bunch of rednecks in ****boxes having much pull....

But maybe there little group Offcamber.org is more organized then meets the eye
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

There was a good amount of them. If the county comissioners listen to the people much at all, they may get some limited use.

TRDyota
    one of those offcamber guys said that the judge goes out there alot and they think they might be able to get his support

Shaggy
    i checked out their website off-camber.org and they dont look all that organized... i think we might have more pull to open it up for supervized trail runs

I don't think it's going to be opened up any time in the near future. Especially not for a supervised run. This is a STATE LAW that is being passed. It is making it illegal to drive in public waterways. Some podunk judge isn't allowed to just let people wheel on a river if he feels like it. He would be breaking the law by allowing it just like the people wheeling in the river would be breaking the law.

the law was passed on a county by county basis
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

As I understand it. It is a state law that will allow the counties to close the rivers if they choose to. SB155 itself does not close them. It also allows the counties to set up off-road parks and/or charge admission for the rivers, I think. The bad part is, most rural counties are run by the land owners.

Maybe someone that knows more about it can confirm or say this aint right.

fbronco86
    yup i think koldpecker is right.

fbronco86
    i have some more damage to report. my door some how got a nice ding in it.

jessica also bent a rear shock mount and i put a scratch in the trailer hitch.
    Last edited by fbronco86; 10-07-2003 at 10:39 AM.

PICS

Night crossing

Attached Images Attached Images