I spent a nostalgic few hours last night looking through the forum and missing wheeling so bad it is not even funny. Hayley & I are finally wrapping up the closing on the duplex and we may come out a bit ahead as far as money goes, so I need something to waste it on....

That said, I thought I would post my problems and see what everybody's thoughts were.

1. Overheating at low speed - Highway is fine, no room for a mechanical fan so all I have is a 14" electric fan. 4 core copper radiator, trying to avoid spending the cash to go aluminum.
2. Runs lean whenever I accelerate. Maybe a computer problem, but now we are leaning toward mechanical. Got the suggestion from Lance to take it down to Pick Ups plus to put a scope on it.
3. Front drive shaft angle - This is a tom woods double cardan, long travel shaft. Those of you that went on my fateful last trip to Llano, will remember that it didn't do so well. It keeps busting the bolts (better than the U joints, I guess). The truck has settled some since then, so it is not quite as bad, but I can hear it knocking on the upper (double cardan) end of the shaft when in 4wd.
4. Tires & Wheels - Only money will solve this one. I still haven't replaced my TSL/SX's & American Eagle rims since they were stolen a while back. I do still have a BRAND NEW TSL/SX spare & Rim though. I am thinking of just running one set and selling the 35" BFG AT's & black steel rims that are on it now. I have heard good things about BFG Crawlers. I want to run 37"s.

For those of you not familiar with my truck, it is a heavily modified (that is an understatement) 4runner with a TPI 350 in it. More details & pics at the website below.

Thanks in advance for all the help & advice and screw you in advance to all the old fawkers that I know are going to say "I told you so" & I just need to get a new truck.