Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Damn I wanna wheel

Damn, 5000 miles - that's worse than my swampers, I think. I would pretty much have to keep the street tires if they wear that poorly. Does somebody in the club have Krawlers (with a k?) that will be at the meeting tomorrow night?

I have been reading the POR thread about heat sent earlier LOTS of good info. Maybe trimming the core supports and moving the radiator forward will clear room for a mechanical or at least two more small electrical fans. I like the shimming the rear hood mounts suggestion or possibly even getting a hood scoop.

Damn, I didn't expect so much info so fast. I appriciate it and any other ideas/resources that you might suggest.
    Thanks,
    Chris Scotti
    1988 Suzuki Samurai buggy

MTR's :O V E R R A T E D! !

ps they suck

sideways again... redcagepatrol's Avatar
    the lean mixture is not helping the overheating problem either. Getting that fixed will help.

MTR's suck

The Krawlers that 4WPs sells are not the same as the ones the comp guys have, they will last longer.
    Scott, FTAC '99
    '62 Nissan Patrol 4-seat Twisted Customs Buggy
    '89 "CJ-7" - Her trail rig
    '05 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD - her daily driver...
    '08 Dodge 2500 Mega Cab 6.7 Diesel 4x4
    scott.schubring@williams.com

The office sucks - I wanna go wheeling!

ill be your pickup man
    Not that this has anything to do with what your asking, but the times I have seen it driving around town, it seems to sit quite ass-high. What are you running in the rear?
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

are you running the original fuel pump, or did you convert to GM? For higher volume and easy swap, I think a MKIV turbo supra fuel pump would bolt right in.
    If you have lots of money and want to fix your angles and gear down at the same time, does Klune-V make a box for you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

cody was trying to unload a bigger electric fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

JBrown89 wrote:

it seems to sit quite ass-high. What are you running in the rear?
    I think you are asking about lift, it is using custom blocks with all-pro leaf springs. It has settled considerably in the front over the last few months of driving and I need to drop the rear end a notch or two on the VERY LONG shackles. We planned for this, so it shouldn't be hard, but I would like to find a lift to use to do it. Waiting for Lance to move his suburban so I can bum his.

uglyota wrote:

are you running the original fuel pump, or did you convert to GM?
    I actually just burnt up my old toy pump about a month ago. Not sure if the new one is GM, but it is higher volume. We also put in a regulator because that is what we originally thought was causing the lean issue. We have it way cranked up now and it actually runs rich at idle & cruising then way lean when gassing it.
    Thanks,
    Chris Scotti

pressure regulators aren't the way to be changing that stuff on a multiport engine. get different injectors and run a stock psi pump.

is yours a 350 block using a 305 tpi setup? if so you need new injectors

I believe it has the new injectors, but I am not sure. Will have to ask. I think the regulator is all the way open now, that was just a cheap try to get the old toy pump to push more.
    Thanks,
    Chris Scotti

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    Well, on TPI, like Rob said, you need to verify that it is in fact has 350 injectors, then you need to either use a GM fuel pump, or find a pump that is suitable for your needs...which are a pump that provides a pressure in the 45-60psi range and delivers around 175+gph. I would suggest a gm style in tank Walbro 225 with an adjustable regulator. It would take and doubt out of the equation as far as fuel starvation is concerned with at the pump. But, to really tell what is causing the lean condition, you need to really find out what your sensors are reading. There are many things that can cause a computer to report a lean condition under acceleration, but be pig rich at idle. Intake leaks, vaccuum leaks, exhaust leaks, exhaust leaks before the o2 sensor, or a bad map sensor. What you need to do is get an interface cable and a copy of WinALDL and really get to looking at it and see exactly what it's doing.
    Last edited by Fredo; 10-07-2003 at 01:16 PM.
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

yeah you are a computer guy, I bet you have a laptop somewhere you could use... I would say that fan is moving enough air, what you might try since it is close, is a dual fan set-up off of something, that way the water pump pulley can sit between the two fan motors, that is how my scout is.
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

Re: Re: Damn I wanna wheel

Originally posted by BigRedFord04
    Now on the other hand...Goodyear makes this kickass tire call the "MT/R" that i hear everyone loves. I even heard one review that said it "cleans like mad!".
    You have just lumped yourself in with the likes of brandon spears....good job
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

I've got that 203. Not sure what tranny it's hooked to. Can someone tell me how to identify a th350 or th400? Its in a 77 3/4 ton chevy. I'll be going where the truck is this weekend. I'll take $100 for it with the stock adapter.

I think the fan Cody is selling is a 15" black majic puller style fan. I've seen 14" fans from 1000 to 2950 cfm. Make sure you have a pusher style fan to use it in front of the radiator. Here's some good ones. Wrapping the headers should cool it down a little too. And you could add an engine oil cooler with a little fan.

I've got to figure out if it would even work in this setup. Is there a way I can tell without trying it?
    Thanks,
    Chris Scotti

Originally posted by 8Runner
    I've got to figure out if it would even work in this setup. Is there a way I can tell without trying it?
    Fans or doubler?? Which one?? And what would work?
    1988 Blazer...RIP