Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Damn I wanna wheel

I was talking about the 203 from eight
    Thanks,
    Chris Scotti
    1988 Suzuki Samurai buggy

We just pulled a dual speed Taurus fan and it's sitting in the garage my Jeep is parked in front of. If you want it, I can get a video of how fast this thing moves on the high setting. I'd bet a beer that it will move more air than the fan you have, but it's a puller, so it will have to go behind the radiator.

Originally posted by 8Runner
    I was talking about the 203 from eight
    Well you'd have to know how much of the splines are left on the tail shaft. You can also get a new one for $150 that is meant for the application from ORD
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Ok Doug, just to clarify - you are talking about paying $150 for a new 700R4 so that I can be sure it will mate to 'eight's 203, correct? How much was the double kit you were talking about, as well?

Thanks again for all the help.
    Thanks,
    Chris Scotti

That's just for the output shaft for the 700r4. And to be sure if it would work I'd have to know what version of 203 I have. But they're not that hard to find if mine's the wrong one anyway.
    Last edited by eight; 10-07-2003 at 05:00 PM.

Registered
    For your driveshaft problems call Jess at Highangle Driveline. I just got 2 new shafts from him and he was a lot more helpful than Tom Woods. Tom Woods told me I would have to rotate my tcase back down for my front shaft angle. Jess sold me a flange for my tcase and made me a toyota conversion shaft and it solved my problem. Much more helpful.

Originally posted by eight
    That's just for the output shaft for the 700r4. And to be sure if it would work I'd have to know what version of 203 I have. But they're not that hard to find if mine's the wrong one anyway.
    Is the pan square on the bottom of the tranny?? Or is it square with one diagonal side? I don't think too many 400's came with a 203 so I'm betting it's the right case.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

AgDieseler
    Chris, most of your ORD Doubler questions can be answered from their site. Here's a good page to start with.

ORD Doubler Info

Originally posted by Doug Krebs
    Is the pan square on the bottom of the tranny?? Or is it square with one diagonal side? I don't think too many 400's came with a 203 so I'm betting it's the right case.
    I'll check it this weekend. Which one is square and which one has the diagnal thing?

AgDieseler
    700R4 is square, 400 has the diagonal

sideways again... redcagepatrol's Avatar
    Originally posted by Doug Krebs
    Well you'd have to know how much of the splines are left on the tail shaft. You can also get a new one for $150 that is meant for the application from ORD
    There is about 1" of splined shaft left on his tranny.
    Scott, FTAC '99
    '62 Nissan Patrol 4-seat Twisted Customs Buggy
    '89 "CJ-7" - Her trail rig
    '05 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD - her daily driver...
    '08 Dodge 2500 Mega Cab 6.7 Diesel 4x4
    scott.schubring@williams.com

The office sucks - I wanna go wheeling!

AgDieseler
    Then I would seriously consider a new output shaft since the engagement is roughly twice that. ORD also sells those.

Originally posted by spool
    For your driveshaft problems call Jess at Highangle Driveline. I just got 2 new shafts from him and he was a lot more helpful than Tom Woods. Tom Woods told me I would have to rotate my tcase back down for my front shaft angle. Jess sold me a flange for my tcase and made me a toyota conversion shaft and it solved my problem. Much more helpful.
    Except both my shafts are already Tom Woods. I asked around alot when I got them 2 years ago and they sounded like the best at the time. Do you think he would still be helpful to talk to?
    Thanks,
    Chris Scotti

Registered
    You can talk to him but Highangle was much more helpful. Tom woods told me i needed to figure a way to get less driveshaft angle where Jess made me a front shaft that could handle the angle. Also Jess might be able to rework your driveshaft for you. It was nice to have someone give me a solution to my problem rather than tell me to find a way to fix it. Jess's shafts looked better and came better packaged to. What ever you do call jess and talk to him at least.

One ton rear shaft and half toyota half jeep front shaft works great

You have contact info or a website for Highangle? I will give them a call ASAP.

BTW, I got some great info from that thread of on Pirat4x4 on the heat issues. Thanks for the referral!
    Thanks,
    Chris Scotti