Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Damn I wanna wheel

go with high angle. Jess is very helpful. He built my front shaft, and lets just say you don't want the thing to come lose and hit you in the head, that thing is heavy.

As for your angle problems, you may not like me saying this, but lose some lift. I saw it a week or so ago, and even if it is settling, it's still to tall for just 37's. I thought my truck was to tall, and its short compared to your's, and I didn't have all that extra wieght up high because mine was just a single cab truck. It most likely will be easier just to lower the truck a bit, compared to cutting axles or swapping drivetrain components

Originally posted by CRaSHnBuRN

As for your angle problems, you may not like me saying this, but lose some lift.
    I hear ya. I have thought about this for a while. The front end does rub a bit with the 37's on it, but I could cut out the fenders as a few others have done. I am going to wait to do anything further than lower the rear end a couple inches though until I put the 37's back on and take a look at it.
    Thanks,
    Chris Scotti
    1988 Suzuki Samurai buggy

Check out violent91 on the pirate board. He seems to have the exact setup you have except a pickup. Has 38's a 350/th350/205 maybe he could help you out with some of your problems. Says he is in uvalde and college station. Maybe someone needs to recruit him to the club??
    1988 Blazer...RIP

bubbawalker85
    Originally posted by Doug Krebs
    Check out violent91 on the pirate board. He seems to have the exact setup you have except a pickup. Has 38's a 350/th350/205 maybe he could help you out with some of your problems. Says he is in uvalde and college station. Maybe someone needs to recruit him to the club??
    Hes my buddy. Hes signing up tonight. He'll see yall there. Me and him do the fabwork on his truck...it came out really kickass. He says it should be ready for the trails early november.

Originally posted by AgDieseler
    Then I would seriously consider a new output shaft since the engagement is roughly twice that. ORD also sells those.
    If you read the stuff from ORD. It says the shaft needs to stick out 7/8". Can't be the stock 2" or whatever it is.

AgDieseler
    My bad.

So it may work with the 203 as is, then...
    Thanks,
    Chris Scotti

if you really want to wheel, fix the overheating problem, then worry about drivetrain stuff. do you really need more gearing, or are you throwing in a doubler to solve your driveshaft problem?

take a step back and set some priorities on this thing

take it from the king of "while I'm at it", just fix it

Violentv8toy
    Yo.

Cooling probs: Aluminum radiator. Move it forward. Taurus fan. Cut the inner fenderwells. Call it good.

Driveline bind: Cut/Turn the front axle. Its cheaper. Drop the rear end a bit. Get your shafts cut to correct length. Wheel it.

Wheels/Tires: Get the new 36x13.5 IROCS. MT/Rs suck in my experiences and many of my friends. BFGs suck unless you've got the brand spankin' new ones that didnt get recalled. Krawlers are a bit pricy last time i checked. I Vote irocs.

Engine Prob: Can't help you there. I can barely change an O2 sensor on a toy without ripping it out and putting a new engine in it....
    Last edited by Violentv8toy; 10-09-2003 at 12:01 AM.

Originally posted by Violentv8toy

Engine Prob: Can't help you there. I can barely change an O2 sensor on a toy without ripping it out and putting a new engine in it....
    In case you missed it, he has a tpi 350.

I like the looks of the IROKs too and would like to see them wheeled. Seems like a pretty good deal as far as price goes. If I was one to buy new tires, I'd probably have them.
    Last edited by eight; 10-09-2003 at 06:37 AM.

Originally posted by eight
    In case you missed it, he has a tpi 350.

I'm not sure he has a TPI but I know he has a chevy V8
    1988 Blazer...RIP

It is TPI, & Violent knows I have a 350 because we were looking @ it together last night (he has a 350 too). I thought I was the king of "while I'm at it"

So here is my plan so far:
    1. Lower the rear end & see if it helps the driveline angle at all. Before proceeding to more drastic methods (like cutting & turning or a doubler)
    2. Aluminum Radiator & Trim core supports to make room for a taurus fan
    3. Put a scope on the truck to see why it is running lean when accelerating
    Thanks,
    Chris Scotti

Violentv8toy
    I dont think that lowering the rear end alone will help the driveline angle up front.

I say you cut and turn the knuckles.

it shouldnt be too hard esp when you're working with the axle on a bench.

Cutting and turning is a 25 dollar weekend job. Doubler is a 1000 dollar 2 week job.

cutting and turning a toy axle sucks. Much harder than a domestic axle like your D44.

I know, how about some rockwells? Should solve the DS problems

does this count as fender trimming? should run real cool now