Thread: rim and tire help

True Hollywood Stry

rim and tire help

i am going to put a body lift on my 95 bronco, and i am wondering what size tire to go with my stock wheels, my question is do you all think then a 33x12.5on a 15s would fit on a 7.5 inch rim, without excessive wear, and blowing a bead when aired down, but i usually only run like 18-20 lbs when i air down , and yeah i know thats high, the tires will be bfg mts if i dont go with these i will be using the 33x10.5 bfg mts any opinions or personal experience would be greatly appreciated
    thanks kevin
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

Shaggy
    there was a small factory block in mine. I ran my 35x12.50x15 bfgs on my stock rims for a couple years and never had any problems

ill be your pickup man
    Just cram the 33s in there. Cheaper, and will look better. You can trim teh front bumper or space it out. THe tires will be fine with those wheels.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

I dont know if the fenders are different on 92-96's but on mike's 86 he tried to cram 33's with no lift and they rubbed like mad.

Why not try one of those rough country lifts for $350, that is what karl runs on his, and that is the same one that mike ran on his before his bronco got the SAS. That truck will make you piss blood, as grayson found out, but god body lifts are

Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

BigRedFord04
    they'll work fine...i never had the 33"s on my stock rims b.c. my rims and 31"s went to my old truck for a little more bling factor to go w/ the new paint. you will have to cut/trim the front bumper at the bottom though. get a suspension lift. they're easier. you'll end up paying someone $350 to put yours on, and if you try and do it yourself by the time you're done you'll wished you had. i'd offer to help but i KNOW its a PITA and dont really want to. wanna buy a solid D44? i need a 60.

ill be your pickup man
    I ran 32x11.50x15s on stock rims. It rubbed the radius arms and swap bars, but only on full lock. Really, I think and nice set of 32s on stock rims would look a whole lot better than a BL and 33s.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

howabout some tall and skinnys? Wide tires on narrow rims will wear faster, especially if it's a daily driver.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

My advice -- (i have a 95 f-150) is not to do the body lift. If you absolutely must it do a 2" max. Just wait and save your money for a susp lift or SAS depending on what you want to do with the truck. If it is gonna be a while, then put some 31" MTs on there and go with it. hell throw a drop in locker in the back and you will prob suprise yourself. PM me if you have any questions.
    Seth Stewart '04
    2000 Suburban DD
    1995 F150 SAS - Needs more work to sell
    1998 GMC pickup - sold
    2003 Yukon XL - wrecked/motor donor
    1975 Scout - TBD
    1976 Scout - parts truck
    1972 IH 1310 dually - TBD
    196? Scout 800 - 302 roller

True Hollywood Stry
    if anything i would put the two inch coil spacers or the body lift, and as far as sas swap and bigger coils i am not looking to drop that much money in to it i have a 78 brocno for beating the **** out of i just want it to sit a little higher and perform a little better than stock until my 78 gets up here it is also a daily driver, thanks for all the suggestions
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

ill be your pickup man
    superlift coils will lift you 1.5 inches in the front, then get the adjustable camber bushings and new shocks. Not the best way to lift TTB, but cheap. The Rough Country 2.5in kit is cheap too.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4