Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Motherboard

Violentv8toy
    Well I don't know where all this flak is coming from. I try to respond with my own personal findings and i get all this flak for it. Just cause i'm a noob on this board doesnt mean i dont know what i'm talking about.

But whatever...i didnt join TAMOR to rag on or get ragged on. I joined to 4wheel. Maybe i'll supply yall with a 12 next trail run just to smooth things over.

Violentv8toy
    Originally posted by Doug Krebs
    Dammit I meant Moore's Law: processor speed doubles every 18 months or some **** like that...

Anyways, I might just get a new board, processor, hard drive and ram... The sad thing is what do I do with the **** I'm using now?? All of it is good and decently quick but the mother board makes it lock up randomly. God knows we have the dana 60's of cases
    If you're happy with the size of your HD, by all means don't replace it. You can also reuse your PC133 as long as your board has slots for it.

Originally posted by Violentv8toy
    If you're happy with the size of your HD, by all means don't replace it. You can also reuse your PC133 as long as your board has slots for it.
    The hard drive is only a 5400 RPM so with all the faster crap that would be a real bottle neck. I haven't looked at motherboards in the last 2 years really, so I thought PC133 would be outdated. i would think that would also be a bottleneck. I don't have to be so cheap anymore since I'm not in college, but you can't take the joo out of me.

I can also write most of this off as a business expense, but I still hate wasting all these parts.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Also, I'm looking to run dual monitors. It would help with all this database crap i'm writing to have 2 areas. I guess i'll have to explore those options as well. I do absolutely no gaming... Anyone have suggestions on these?? I think they call them dual head?
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Violentv8toy
    Hell it doesnt matter THAT much about your HD speed. You most likely wont be able to tell the difference. But if you want to you can get another one.

If you're looking to go dual monitor, you'll need a video card that supports that. Look for a newer ATI or a GFORCE graphics card.

If you're gonna be working with huge amounts of information and many programs at once, i suggest at least 512 DDR (new kind of ram) or 512 PC133. Hell, i run 256megs of pc133 in my 2.0 Athlon and it does what i need it to do. RAM is what makes the proc effecient. But yeah, 512 pc133 should do fine. The ECS mobo also has slots for both DDR and pc133 so if you decide to go pc133 for a while and upgrade to DDR later, you can.

Think i found a decent cheap video card Linky

I'm looking at boards now.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Matrox is a pretty good card, that used to be our highend card at work, i have a 128mb card now with their chip on it, but it was assembled by some other slanteyes and they slapped a diff. company's name on it.

32mb for 88 dollars seems a little high, also make sure that if one of the outputs is DVI make sure it comes with a converter back to vga, i remember the converter being like another 5 or 6 bucks

Also if your looking at harddrives the thing that will really increase the speed is the cache, usually the 8mb cache costs $15 bucks more but it is worth it
    Last edited by jerryg79; 10-10-2003 at 11:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

fbronco86
    Originally posted by Doug Krebs
    I think everyone needs to bow down and suck mikes dick cause his bronco has a 60!!!
    Yeah i am thinking about starting a dana 60 club. you must have dana 60's front and rear. thats what the cool kids have.

also i have a ECS Ek34t39 what ever it is card. and it sucks my pee pee. it was messed up when i got it..
    Last edited by fbronco86; 10-10-2003 at 12:00 PM.

funny because, about two years ago you were going to start the 9" club, what happened to that one
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!