Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: w56tranny and toyota t-case

Violentv8toy
    Yeah. New guy selling these.

I've got a line on some cheap wheels on pirate, and if i get them i'll sell the tranny/t-case/shaft and all that other stuff for 250 cash. I can't go lower cause i'm poor enough as it is and i'm a hella lot poorer than yall think.

Does anyone know a place that can alter steel wheels. I need to change some 3.5 bs wheels to 2ers.

Where did you say that you got your wheels made austin?

2 inch backspacing? Do you really need that much?

Try some spacers

Violentv8toy
    For 8s, yeah i think so. ALot of people have problems with big tires rubbing springs on my size 44.

I figure 38s would rub.

I can wheel it with 3.5" until i can afford diff ones.

What size 38s we talking about? Yeah, outboarding those springs for you d44 could cause problems. Is it a waggy 44? one thing to think about is negative returns. Alot of offset and 38's is gonna be hard on the balljoints as well as making steering harder.

BigRedFord04
    Originally posted by Violentv8toy
    Where did you say that you got your wheels made austin?
    i bought mine from a guy who had 'em kustom made....i dont know where he got 'em. i talked to one company from Chicago i think that said they'd make any custom wheel for ~$100/each and that included shipping.

Violentv8toy
    *whistle* 100 bux a wheel.

38x13x16s

Waggy 44 yeah. D44 Balljoints suck eitherway. They cant be as bad as toyota IFS wheelbearings. I welcome the day when all i need to do is change balljoints. After you swap drivetrain and axles and about everything in between its not all that bad.

With those tires, backspacing really doesn't matter that much, 3.5-2.5 should be more than adequate. I figured you were trying to run the fat ass 38.5s. They're not going to be wide enough to get into your springs. Remember, those tires are just a little bigger than a 36x12.5 tsl.

Violentv8toy
    I dunno. I know a couple of people who say their 37" mt/rs rub on their waggy with 3.5" bs. Of course i think the 37s are fatter than the tires i've got...so i dont know.

oh, here is some info you may want

15x8, 2in backspacing, 6 lug, black, #515883R2 at 4wheelparts, should be 40 bucks or so

Violentv8toy
    39.99 But they're 2.5, they just sell em as 2s.

But i've got 16s.

thats right, you have those screwy 16's. Well I tried. Call up scott at rockstomper, he's pretty good at getting stuff like that