Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SYE on the TJ

matt

SYE on the TJ

Most people recommend an SYE with 3 inches of lift or more on the Wrangler TJ. Does this have to be done or is the jeep still streetable and wheelable without it? What can be done to make it cheaper?

thanks for the help

02JeepX
    I have a TJ with a 4" lift, and i havent put a SYE yet, and i havent had too many driveline vibrations. I am thinking about doing that next to the Jeep, but it doesnt need to be put on right away.

TXsizeK5
    I don't think driveline vibes or streetability would be a matter of have a slipyoke or not. The main thing about a slipyoke is that if your rear driveshaft u-joint breaks your shaft probably will fall out leading to a mess of ATF (in chain driven xfer cases)

After putting on a lift your angles get more severe wearing u-joints faster and possibly pulling the slip yoke out of the xfer case more.

If you're getting driveline vibes you might want to think about going to a double cardon shaft, longer shaft, or dropping the t-case.

Somone correct me if I'm wrong.

BigRedFord04
    WTF is your avatar Jason???? you as a retarded kid?

02JeepX
    ha i dunno my friend sent me a pic of this mullet boy and i was a big fan of it http://www.xsunderground.com/thechilde/

jesus christ, that is sad, dont click on that link that is really sad, poor kid
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

Ben97XJ
    Back to topic. The purpose of a SYE is to allow the use of a CV driveshaft. It also allows the use of a longer driveshaft since you cut off about 4 inches of output shaft. Most newer Jeep transfer cases already have a seal so that you won't leak ATF when the slip yoke comes off. I would reccomend the RE hack and tap its really easy to do if you take it slow. and its only 80 dollars. and a RE shaft is 250. So its relatively cheap. Its good insurance against breaking an output shaft or u-joints when it your slip yoke binds.

TXsizeK5
    Originally posted by Ben97XJ
    Back to topic. The purpose of a SYE is to allow the use of a CV driveshaft. .
    You can run a slip yoke double cardon, aka cv shaft, i have one.

You have a blazer. He has a jeep. Newish Jeeps need a SYE. Blazers suck.

Originally posted by eight
    You have a blazer. He has a jeep. Newish Jeeps need a SYE. Blazers suck.
    I'm sensing alot of hostility toward blazers lately koldpecker, is this some sort of wierd polish blazer penis envy thing?
    Last edited by jerryg79; 10-12-2003 at 09:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

TXsizeK5
    oops, it's a jeep thing... i didn't know

blazers suck eh? well i dont need a SYE to run a double cardon

Matt Conlee
    Ben has you on the right track. The Re kit is very cheap and easy to install without the removable of the output shaft or removing the tcase from the jeep. And yes it will cut down on vibes with a lift of 4 in or greater. I know from experience

Originally posted by TXsizeK5
    oops, it's a jeep thing... i didn't know

blazers suck eh? well i dont need a SYE to run a double cardon
    Neither do I. But I don't need a double cardon.

[stirring up some ****]No hostility towards blazers, I just don't like em, or broncos. Toyotas are good. [/done]
    Last edited by eight; 10-12-2003 at 09:50 PM.

TXsizeK5
    Originally posted by eight
    Neither do I. But I don't need a double cardon.

[stirring up some ****]No hostility towards blazers, I just don't like em, or broncos. Toyotas are good. [/done]
    It's okay, i don't either. haha.
    After this weekend at clayton i'm gunna try and get my brother to get a jeep or something small like toy or mazda so i can build him a nice capable rock/trail rig.

Ben97XJ
    so i can build him a nice capable rock/trail rig.
    You build it? You are joking right!