Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I need a 10 bolt or 12 bolt w/3:73s

topher

I need a 10 bolt or 12 bolt w/3:73s

I need a rearend for my K5 blazer. It had a 10 bolt with 3:73s in it but it broke (to put it nicely). A 12 bolt will work too im assuming as long as it has 3:73s in it. I would prefer another 10 bolt. It doesnt have to be the entire rearend either. I have axles and housing. I just need the ring, pinion, spyder gears. It needs to be a 6 lug too. Email me or post a reply with anything you have.

TXsizeK5
    Just go to a boneyard, they're as comon as french whores... in france.

Violentv8toy
    I'm pretty sure my buddy has a 10 bolt or at least the gears. PM him about it. Hes bubbawalker85 on the board.

you mean people are willing to pay money for 10 bolts? Hell I didn't think the scrapyards even wanted them.

hit the junkyards, lots of them around

TXsizeK5
    I sold mine for around 320 bones...

they had 4.56 though

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    Fixing a 10bolt? isn't that like putting a band-aid on a freshly amputated leg?
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

Fixing a 10 bolt is kind of like being Anne Heche, it seems like a good idea for a while until you realize your NOT GAY!
    Last edited by jerryg79; 10-10-2003 at 12:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

BigRedFord04
    yes, 1/2 rear ends are better left to mini trucks and jeeps...not 1/2 tons that get wheeled. i happen to know where there is a perfectly good 14 bolt for sale (link) that even happens to have 3.73s AND a "locker" in it. put that in and convert the front. if you find some 8 lug conversion stuff for the front, you let me know and i'll even go pull it for you. it'll be my good deed for the year.

topher
    Thanks for the offer and as much as i would love to have a 14 bolt with a locker in the rear I just need to put a 10 bolt back in it. I actually have the blazer for sale and now the rearend went out of it. The old rearend is already out of the truck. And the truck isnt in college station anyway, its in Glen Rose, TX. If you know anyone that might be interested in the blazer let me know. Im going to post it for sale on the tamor forum as soon as its up and running.

Violentv8toy
    http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showt...hreadid=182099

ask for internals. Its even disassembled already.

topher
    Thanks but that is a 10 bolt front with 8 lugs. I need a 10 bolt rear. Unless you meant i could buy it and the 14 bolt FF. I am trying to spend as little as possible. If all else fails i may have to do that though.

if you need a 10 bolt rear, why dont you go to a junk yard and pull one out of any friggin 1/2 ton chevrolet in the damn place. Im pretty sure that there are probably 40 of them in college station junkyards right now. You want me to go pull one for you, i'll charge you twenty bucks over what they charge me
    So you loose, I win!

Violentv8toy
    Originally posted by topher
    Thanks but that is a 10 bolt front with 8 lugs. I need a 10 bolt rear. Unless you meant i could buy it and the 14 bolt FF. I am trying to spend as little as possible. If all else fails i may have to do that though.
    But you said that you only needed ring/pinion/carrier/spider gears....10 bolts are all the same. Front axle rear axle, no matter.

topher
    Oh really. I wasnt sure. Thanks I'll try to get in touch with the guy.

why are you making this so complicated, its a damn 10 BOLT how hard can it be to find some internals and 3.73's for it. Thats like saying guys i really need a chevy 350 block, any one know where i can get some, seriously guys i found a place on the internet that sells 350 blocks i think im going to get one off the internet
    So you loose, I win!