Thread: Bowed lift coil fix on bronco and f-150

True Hollywood Stry

Bowed lift coil fix on bronco and f-150

hey austin and everyone else that is interested in fixing the bow in your lift coils that are six inches and up there are two ways to do this the is the ones on this website that fix it the right way and also provide a little more life likew an inch i think http://sierrabronco.com/vshoppingCar...l/coilshim.htm they run about 60 to 70 bucks, orthere is the cheap wayby making some shims. this is part of an article i got off of project bronco.com or the site www.broncotech.com

well if you look real close on the second pic there is a wedge that i made under the spring plate. its a 5degree plate and for anyone else doing this i would say try 7 degrese and lets see how that works. mine still have a slight bow in them but it may be because the coils are holding the bow even when they are loose because they sat under preasure bowed for so long. drill the holes before you grind the plate down also to ensure that your holes are straight. and as to how much lift they measure 20"s installed. and if i remember right stock is 13"? so if thats so it's 7"s of lift

i have a few pics of this stuff if any one is interested
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

True Hollywood Stry
    here is the finshed product of the home built stuff or "custom fabricated" what ever you like to call it
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

BigRedFord04
    his link doesnt work but if you go to sierrabronco.com and go to products you can see them under "coil shims"

looks like a good product

Fresh Cope, It Satisfies! StevenAg03's Avatar
    i was wonderin what in the hell he was talking about...i have drop brackets for the radius arm mounts so mine sit straght up and down...
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500
    82 CJ-7 - sitting in a field...

"....Your theory is f*cked up like a football bat...."

ill be your pickup man
    I know most with SAS'd coiled 80+ Fords have that bow in the spring because the coil mounts on teh solid 44 are a little narrower than the frame. Is it really a big deal? Or will it just make it look better?
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

True Hollywood Stry
    one it makes it look better, and it is gonna give you a little extra clearance you might get 6in or actual lift versus 5 and a half or sometihing like that, also if you go to that sierrabronco site it shows u how the bent coils flex, it shows that when the suspension compress and decompresses that the bow will move forward and back not just to the side, because of the extra force put on the spring from the radius arm brackets, like somene posted earlier drop downs do help this problem, also of course the taller the spring the worse off it is and after a certain period of time the spring will retain this bowed shape, and i my opinion sag more, thats just my two cents on it when i do my 6 or 9 inch on my 78 i am going to either make something or buy those pre made ones i think they would be worth it i the long run,

if anyone wants more info or designs i can prolly find a few more off of that bronco website

True Hollywood Stry
    here is the pic of the sierra web page

Originally posted by stx4wheeler
    here is the pic of the sierra web page
    that picture looks so familiar, but i cant put my finger on where ive seen it before
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

BigRedFord04
    for some reason i get the same feeling

True Hollywood Stry
    yeah **** happens. thought i would just put it on here and i by the way i found it first