Thread: Bowed lift coil fix on bronco and f-150

Threaded View

True Hollywood Stry

Bowed lift coil fix on bronco and f-150

hey austin and everyone else that is interested in fixing the bow in your lift coils that are six inches and up there are two ways to do this the is the ones on this website that fix it the right way and also provide a little more life likew an inch i think http://sierrabronco.com/vshoppingCar...l/coilshim.htm they run about 60 to 70 bucks, orthere is the cheap wayby making some shims. this is part of an article i got off of project bronco.com or the site www.broncotech.com

well if you look real close on the second pic there is a wedge that i made under the spring plate. its a 5degree plate and for anyone else doing this i would say try 7 degrese and lets see how that works. mine still have a slight bow in them but it may be because the coils are holding the bow even when they are loose because they sat under preasure bowed for so long. drill the holes before you grind the plate down also to ensure that your holes are straight. and as to how much lift they measure 20"s installed. and if i remember right stock is 13"? so if thats so it's 7"s of lift

i have a few pics of this stuff if any one is interested
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!