Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Gilmer October 18-19

True Hollywood Stry
    hey brandon do you think you might have time to do me a favor if it isnt to much trouble the cb i bought is in houston and the guy wants liek ten bucks to ship maybe if it is kindsa close to where you are going you could pick it up for me if not no problem

oh yeha and if its a small group going i prolly will wuss out to and save the gas money for another trip or some kind of lift
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

BigRedFord04
    for all you newbs who havent been to Gilmer i will say this: Gilmer is NOT very fullsize friendly. Trails are narrow and have a lot of tight turns. If you wanna go expect at a minimun scratched up paint. if you've got a long wheel base, expect a lot of 50 point turns. and i would definately recommend running all the 3 diamonds backwards (who the hell lead that venture???)
    this is one of my favorite pics from there. it was just as tight on the other side. thx to great spotting i never touched the tree w/ body panels.

TRDyota
    Originally posted by stx4wheeler
    hey brandon do you think you might have time to do me a favor if it isnt to much trouble the cb i bought is in houston and the guy wants liek ten bucks to ship maybe if it is kindsa close to where you are going you could pick it up for me if not no problem

oh yeha and if its a small group going i prolly will wuss out to and save the gas money for another trip or some kind of lift

sure thing, give me his info. I'll be able to pick it up sometime friday or saturday, cause I'm leaving tonight.

True Hollywood Stry
    damn austin you couldnt even get a starving kid from somalia between your truck and that tree

hey brando gime your cell so if i get the info from the guy i can call you
    thanks
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

Ben97XJ
    This is what happens when you run them backwards
    Attached Images Attached Images  

BigRedFord04
    and this is the aftermath....a broken lift block
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Don't forget about my stub shaft!!!
    1988 Blazer...RIP

TXsizeK5
    Didn't you break one in llano too? are you locked up front? very hard on the skinny, or both?

Violentv8toy
    DAMN AUSTIN.

those were aluminum i figure?

Most guys that break them spin the whole axle up.

BigRedFord04
    nope, definately not aluminum...way too heavy for that. some kinda cast iron. lift blocks just suck, thats why they broke.

Tariqui
    the list

brandon yaw

none of the rest of you frickers have sent me any of your stuff so you are not going until you send me stuff i believe it was mentioned in the first post to send me stuff.

quote: Also, if you're going send your name, SS# and emergency contact (name and phone number) to Josh Alley.

Josh's email address is safety@tamor.org

Originally posted by TXsizeK5
    Didn't you break one in llano too? are you locked up front? very hard on the skinny, or both?
    I've broken 4 or 5? Hell I don't know seems like every trip I almost break one. I have an eaton posi in the front. I use it like a canadian locker by putting one foot on the brake so it gets resistance on both wheels, thats how i broke the one in Llano this time. After I brake one I try to take it easy.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Tariqui
    i guess that no one went to gilmer because only one person let me know that they were going.

jimmy rolled this weekend everybody is ok here are the pics
    www.offroadrepublic.com

Fresh Cope, It Satisfies! StevenAg03's Avatar
    damn...i cant believe he is so nonchalent(sp?) about it
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500
    82 CJ-7 - sitting in a field...

"....Your theory is f*cked up like a football bat...."