Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Forced articulation??

Levers????? For the cost I'm not sure yet, he kinda mentioned something about the price is comparable to coil overs.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    1988 Blazer...RIP

hell, I say go for it when you have the time and the money. Why not try something different? If people where afraid to try something, and modify it to get it to work right, we would all be drving Z71s and braggin about how our procomp skidplate makes us float across the mud. Sure it may be a lot of work, and it may require alot of attention to use, but like you said, in that one situation it could be a life saver. The rest of the time leave it alone. Its kinda like a winch, most of the time you don't need it, but when you do its sure is nice to have

It's got a little back seat in it. Wheelbase is 130" he made it so his family could wheel with him. It's also made to have 53" tires. Anyways, it's just for illustrative purposes.

I don't think the levers would be hard to get used to. You only use it when you want anyways. I think the 1st lever selects what "mode" the suspension is in and the 4 others control the ride height of each corner.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Shaggy
    i think it is awsome... you can make your rig walk instread of drive

hey main, mi cousin jorge has one just like that main
    Last edited by jerryg79; 10-15-2003 at 11:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

fbronco86
    for real check this out. why drive you can hop over rocks

fbronco86
    and that is why force articulation is gay haha

Fresh Cope, It Satisfies! StevenAg03's Avatar
    and those trucks have nothing to propel them....so when your hydros stop working you gotta push it donw the trail....
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500
    82 CJ-7 - sitting in a field...

"....Your theory is f*cked up like a football bat...."

Thank you for hi jacking another thread
    1988 Blazer...RIP

just a question on "cheating"
    Is building a sweet rig cheating? Some people will always talk chit about you when you cruise up something they broke on, so you can try to please them or you can build a buggy you like and like to drive. As long as it's legal for the class you want to compete in, put all the bells and whistles you want on it!
    If you want variable ride height, a cheaper option might be air bags under 1/4 elliptical. There's a toyota-based buggy somewhere running that. You want the right rear wheel to push, fill that airbag; your suspension's still as soft (or almost) as it was at normal height.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

i didnt mean to hijack your post doug.....but i was thinking about something, what happens if you blow a hydraulic hose, does it just go into float mode, or are you without suspension? can you lock out a side, or something like that
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

I've seen the airbag stuff and it's pretty neat too, but you only gain half as much. With hydraulics you can go up and down.

I see your point on the "cheating" aspect. I'm still looking into it but it might be more expensive than I want to spend.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Originally posted by Snatch Adams
    i didnt mean to hijack your post doug.....but i was thinking about something, what happens if you blow a hydraulic hose, does it just go into float mode, or are you without suspension? can you lock out a side, or something like that
    this is nt to say that hydrolic lines will not fail, but they wont just fail with no warning. They will fail if they are rubbing agienst something but thats about it. all the busses at work have hydrolic lines somewhere or another and the only time they fail is when we dont take proper care to keep them from rubbing on something. and they will show sings....

also...how can it be cheating....there is no rules that say you cant go to the trail with a hydrolic suspension. maybe if he is wanting to compete in a given class but not for a trail vehicle, which is obviously what mike green's jeep is...
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500

Originally posted by Snatch Adams
    i was thinking about something, what happens if you blow a hydraulic hose, does it just go into float mode, or are you without suspension? can you lock out a side, or something like that
    If it totally blows out a line it would be like running a rig with out shocks. I'm not sure on how the plumbing works so I don't know if it would screw the whole system, or if you could shut that one ram off.

Either way I'd carry one or 2 long hoses enough to reach any part of the system.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

oh...krabs in talking to mike green, he said it only added about 250 lbs to the rig...so you cant carry your girlfriend along....it will be ok

EDIT:goss being your girlfriend...not the redhead...and i will find the email he sent me about it...
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500