Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Forced articulation??

Fresh Cope, It Satisfies! StevenAg03's Avatar
    found the email...

is it Steven or Steve

Traction !!!!!
    out in las cruces last february i was up on a waterfall but slightly off camber to the left. the 2 rear tires were down in mud. my left front was getting traction and would pull me up slightly but then i would slip back down. a guy yelled put pressure on the right front. i turned the pump on and puched the right front down. it grabbed and i walked up a waterfall no one else had made without putting huge rocks to help them up. i run 44 inch tires but a few other friends were running them also but with out the cheater rocks to get them out of the mud and over the 1st bottom ledge they could advance at all.

next. i am very seldom ever off camber.......if i get off camber i hit the levers and bring that side up....

most waterfalls or steep climbs i approach like the comp guys and then some. they take their winch and attach it to the axle. then winch the front down. i do this same thing with the hydraulics then take the back end and raise it up. so it loks like a cat. more pressure on the front end.

i can move my center of gravity......

did you check out our site....

http://www.blacksheep4x4.com

then go to projects and click on it

then click on hydraulic suspension

it is a pretty costly endeavor and a lot of work but worth it.....plus it add abut 250lbs to your rig

Mike G
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500
    82 CJ-7 - sitting in a field...

"....Your theory is f*cked up like a football bat...."

Originally posted by StevenAg03
    EDIT:goss being your girlfriend...not the redhead...and i will find the email he sent me about it...
    Holy **** man!!! Never mention that again!!! I've been with my current and future girl friend for over a year now. She's tall, about 5'10", skinny, and is a brunette!

P.S. Thanks for the info, I didn't know mike green had it as well!!
    Last edited by Doug Krebs; 10-16-2003 at 12:03 PM.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Fresh Cope, It Satisfies! StevenAg03's Avatar
    i posted a pic of his earlier in the thread....here ill post it again...

oh and i meant brunett......only time i really met here was at gordonsthat one day and she pretty much sat in the truck...
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500
    82 CJ-7 - sitting in a field...

"....Your theory is f*cked up like a football bat...."

haha ok, i just emailed him asking him a ****load of questions. I've talked with him before. Thanks again for the link
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Keep us updated on what you find. I've always been interested in this, and would like to see how others have done it. It might be a good project to work into my buggy I plan on starting on once the yota is finished, except in my case I would retain a normal suspension such as leafs and coils, and just use the rams in place of the shocks

Or just use airbags, they'll work better. less PSI to get it to raise since you have a larger DIA than the cylinder. THINK Big rigs...8" DIA, 125PSI and they can hold 20K lbs a piece. Range Rovers have been riding on bags since 1993 and they do raise when they are hung. The computer senses a high center situation and can raise individual bags. I've seen it work and it works well.