Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: For all you jeep peeps

fbronco86

For all you jeep peeps

alright my gf wants to get a heep. I am not so excited about it my self but anyway.

its a 93 heep with 112K on it. the guy rebuilt the motor 10k ago. He has proof that he did it so i am beliving the guy. it has the rear CV shaft thing on it. and a 5 inch lift no sure on what kind of lift. it also has 4.56's with some gay procomp 33's. the guy wants $5500. it also has the stock axles. other than that the guy seems to have taken really good care of the heep. also he has two tops.

anyone have any commments thanks.

Mack84
    Yeah I got one for you...

but heres the link to it.......
    http://www.autotrader.com/findacar/v...l=&&cardist=72
    Last edited by Mack84; 10-15-2003 at 06:58 PM.

Looks good to me.... But it says "Ready to Hunt"! Kinda cracks me up, thats what they said about mike's bronco I think. Ah I remember the days of the stock bronco excursions in the mud.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

DONT DO IT!!!

5500 will get you a 6 cylinder, the rest of those mods dont matter because all that stuff will be broken and replaced if its wheeled with this group.

ready to hunt up here usually means it won't pass emissions testing

ill be your pickup man
    Whats the guys name? Tthere was a black YJ in tx4x4 wrecked a couple months back. He was trying to sell it after he repaired everything.

It looks really familiar I think I have wheeled with it somewhere before.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

I got carfax right now because marc just bought that mustang. Jessica or Mike give me the VIN and I'll pull a report.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

hey i'll be about 3 blocks away from there this weekend jessica, give me a call if you need someone to go and look at it with you
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

Mack84
    Originally posted by JBrown89
    Whats the guys name? Tthere was a black YJ in tx4x4 wrecked a couple months back. He was trying to sell it after he repaired everything.

It looks really familiar I think I have wheeled with it somewhere before.
    His name is Marty Joyce
    Last edited by Mack84; 10-15-2003 at 06:01 PM.

That sounds like it would end up bad on your end. With a rebuilt engine and no way to know how the lift and other mods were done, you could very well be buying someone else's problem. Hell, I bought my Jeep from a family friend and have had nothing but problems with it. Mine had ~50000 miles on it when I got it and has not gone a full 10,000 miles without something major breaking. It's the TJ version of that Jeep, too - 4 cyl, 5 spd, stock axles.

I had the engine professionally rebuilt the first time and it hasn't been the same since, so don't believe that crap about that one being faster than a 6 cyl Jeep.

ill be your pickup man
    Originally posted by Mack84
    His name is Marty Joyce
    No, not the same guy. It looks alot like the wrecked one, but its not, the wrecked one had a custom front bumper.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Mack84
    Originally posted by JBrown89
    No, not the same guy. It looks alot like the wrecked one, but its not, the wrecked one had a custom front bumper.
    Ok, thanks a lot though!!!!

Doug I PM'd you the VIN.
    Last edited by Mack84; 10-15-2003 at 07:00 PM.

Fresh Cope, It Satisfies! StevenAg03's Avatar
    it doesnt look too bad...but as others have said i personally would look for a bone stock one....however, on the other hand, you can take that one out and do some wheelin with it almost as soon as you get it. if you get a stock one you will have to SOA, gear, lock, tires, and SYE before youll be good to go....

on second thought...it is perfect for a starter jeep...you dont really need somethig that is fast...looks like a good buy after all the mods are considered...or rather how much youll have to fork over to get them....

Editffer him 4500....if he bites great....if not offer go home....tell him sorry wait a day or so and then call him back and offer 5000....hell prolly take it then...
    Last edited by StevenAg03; 10-15-2003 at 08:37 PM.
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500
    82 CJ-7 - sitting in a field...

"....Your theory is f*cked up like a football bat...."

You've heard their skepticism now. They are so negative when it comes to used vehicles. I think your best option is to go with Mike and have a look at this Jeep. Scott is in Houston, maybe he could ride along. It could be a piece of ****, it could be really nice. No one will know judging by the picture...

Check out the 5 or so pages of this thread I started. Most told me not to get it. One even said Powerstrokes are ****ty and recently bought one. Let them bring up the issues you should check out and make the decision for yourself.

By the way, the truck has been good to me for the last year.

http://tamor.org/forum/upload/showth...=&threadid=973

aggielr
    poor poor pitiful me, everyone picks on me

where's the fawkin WAAAAAAAMBULANCE???????????

Mack84
    I am planning on driving to houston to look at it this weekend.. I think mike has something to do.. so I might just wait...or go anyways.. the guy is in a hurry to get rid of it and told me to pretty much make him the lowest offer for it, and id be surprised what he'd take.... If I am not impressed with it I will wait and look more.
    Last edited by Mack84; 10-15-2003 at 08:38 PM.