Thread: For all you jeep peeps

Fresh Cope, It Satisfies! StevenAg03's Avatar
    in that case offer him 4000 for it
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500
    82 CJ-7 - sitting in a field...

"....Your theory is f*cked up like a football bat...."

Mack84
    Yeah that is exacty what I am thinking. My dad is talking to the guy so hopefully they will not discuss $$ until we look at it. If its ok I will offer 4 and if he says no I will just leave. And wait a few days or until he calls me bc he really wants to sell it
    Last edited by Mack84; 10-15-2003 at 08:52 PM.

Originally posted by Chadnutz

Check out the 5 or so pages of this thread I started. Most told me not to get it. One even said Powerstrokes are ****ty and recently bought one. Let them bring up the issues you should check out and make the decision for yourself.

http://tamor.org/forum/upload/showth...=&threadid=973
    They're still POSes. Don't get to thinkin I won't sell it and buy a good truck.

Jeeps are different. They're easy and cheap to work on. You can't fool yourself into thinking they won't break, and they readily accept parts from fords, chevys, dodges, and even bigger jeeps. Maybe you could roll Mike's bronco pretty hard then steal the good parts from it.

I think it's a pretty good deal. The 4 cylinder has enough power. The axles will probably hold up to 33s, and it's almost ready to go. Needs front locker, weld rear and wait for it to explode or ebay the shafts and gears and swap in an 8.8. Now if you bought a stock one, you have to spend $600 on tires and wheels, $400 on gears, $150 to get a better rear axle, $350 on SYE and CV shaft, $300-700 on lift, and you still don't know how good the engine/trans/t-case are.

Or you could wait and get a scrambler like everyone wants (even those who won't admit it ). But they're even bigger pieces of ****.

fbronco86
    its worth 3600 on kbb.com jew them done

fbronco86
    there all a ton of heeps in the club with 4 cylinder's. whats the deal with the 6. is it that much better

YES it is. Go to a Jeep dealer and drive both and tell me there's no difference. Try to maintain highway speeds in a lifted 4 cyl Jeep. I had 4.10s and it's always been hell holding 70 - even when I had 31s. A friend just put a lift on his 6 cyl YJ and got 35s for it. With 3.07s he could hold 80 at 1600 RPMs.

Someone said 4cyls have 140hp or whatever, but once you push that through an undergeared transmission, a transfer case, and then use it to turn 33s, that equates to about 50 hp in a normal car.

Don't let me talk you out of it, but I am somewhat the voice of experience when it comes to buying a used 4 cyl Wrangler. If you want it, buy it - if you get a good price, great. It may be a dream. It may turn into a nightmare. Good luck with the Jeep purchase either way.

Fresh Cope, It Satisfies! StevenAg03's Avatar
    to me buying a jeep is more like a long term investment...i dont really plan on getting rid of it any time in the near future....that being said, one day you will probably swap it out for a bigger engine....possibly that dream 302 thats in your bronco...but i wouldnt steer away fromit cause its a 4cyl. will this be her only vehicle? or a spare?
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500
    82 CJ-7 - sitting in a field...

"....Your theory is f*cked up like a football bat...."

fbronco86
    this would be her only car.

dont those tranny's run out of gear at like 75 stock? I could be wrong on that, but it seems like that would be hell for highway speeds since it has 456's
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

I would also go for the I6...

Mack84
    I am not planning on keeping the 4.56's .... i think
    Last edited by Mack84; 10-15-2003 at 10:45 PM.

Ben97XJ
    4.56s and 33 should be perfect for the 4cyl. Without those gears the motor is worthless. they come with 4.10 and 235s stock.

i just remember trykoski's bouncing off the rev limiter at something like 76 miles an hour or something downhill.....
    So you loose, I win!

Mack84
    ok how about every one of you come with me when i go to look at it...
    Last edited by Mack84; 10-15-2003 at 11:05 PM.

i already said i would, but i can see that im not cool enough
    So you loose, I win!