Thread: Rod Ends

Violentv8toy

Rod Ends

I need a place to buy 3/4" rod ends in SA. Anyone know of a place that has em on hand? I also need some 1.5"x.250" DOM tubing. (gonna be makin' some drags)

Its gotta be either in Bastrop. Austin. San Marcos. College Station, Bryan....SA...Uvalde...Anywhere....throw ssomething out.

I have 6 ft left. That enough to make one link. I bought 72 ft a while back and sold all that I didn't use except the 6 ft I have left.
    If there is ever enough interest again I will buy more. I am more than willing to make the links too, as I have all the resources right here.....

Violentv8toy
    awesome. Well, its not for me, its for my friend with the chevy. We're doing crossover on his axle since he can't steer around a barn.

Do you happen to have a slab of cement and an arc that he could borrow sometime? tie up would probably be about 4 hours.

We'll need to buy some pipe and rod ends this weekend and we'll probably do the links this weekend. THanks for the offer though. I'll probably be taking you up on it soon.

I can't bring any vehicles out here. This is my work place. I have once before but we had to work from about midnight until 6am and I don't plan on taking that risk anymore. If I do work I have to be able to do it without the vehicle being present. I may soon have a welder I can take off site but I have to charge for my time.... There are other people in the club that may be able to loan welder time for free but it's a lot of trouble to drive 20 minutes, load up a 500 pound welder and then drive to the vehicle. I can make the links in house without the vehicle present and the cost for those is much cheaper than buying from some steering manufacturer on the internet.

If you want to see one let me know and I can swing by and show you. This stuff if stout!

BigRedFord04
    i got mine from Jegs. Chromoly w/ teflon inserts. they were about $15 cheaper than any other chromo heims. and mine are twice as thick as most other heims i've seen.

PS: they were QA1 heims, $28.99 each + 4.69 for 5 jam nuts. Lemme know if you want part #s.
    Last edited by BigRedFord04; 10-17-2003 at 12:52 PM.

Violentv8toy
    well, yeah he'll prolly want those PNs if we don't pick up any this weekend somewhere, Austin.

As for the offer chad, i, as well as bubba wouldn't feel right if we got someone to make our stuff for us. Its a new concept to us so much that we're pooling for a welder to have handy. (what mods can be done without a torch and welder?) But thanks anyhow. Appreciate it. Well, i'm off to the house to work on my crapper (it will move this weekend).

Take it easy.

Austin, do you have an extra jam nut? I lost one. I don't know what direction the thread is.

Originally posted by eight
    misalignment washers
    what are those?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Little spacers that go above and below the heim on the bolt so that the heim doesn't hit the arm or bolt head when flexed. Not needed on the tie rod, but if you don't have them on the drag link you'll break the heims when they bind.

BigRedFord04
    i SHOULD have two extra jam nuts. i got 10 for me and tate, and only needed 8 between us. i'll look around...see what he has.

Originally posted by eight
    Little spacers that go above and below the heim on the bolt so that the heim doesn't hit the arm or bolt head when flexed. Not needed on the tie rod, but if you don't have them on the drag link you'll break the heims when they bind.
    Sweet I have some, just didn't know what they were called. Ace does not carry them...anybody have some for 5/8"? I need 2 more. Violent, if you guys place an order, could you tack those on for me?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

nutz, what would you want for that last piece, and do you have any inserts and hiems left? I might be interested in it in a few weeks when I set up my hydro assist. I'm currently runnin 1.125x.188, but don't think thats gonna be enough for the tie rod with the ram mounted to it.

Or you could just sleeve what you've got. When you ram it thinking its your diff guard/slider, it will bend anyway.

Yeah, but its kinda an odd size piece of tubing to find. Also, I have hysteer, so hopefully the tierod won't be hitting the rocks much. Its just the forces that the hydraulic ram is gonna put on it that worry me.