Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Got everything for the drive train except 14 bolt!

I've also researched cutting brakes more in depth. I always thought that you had to lock one tire at a time in the rear. I guess I got this idea because that's how most people do it because of tractors.

So on pirate I was reading and if you are using front wheel drive to pull you around, people have found it better to have both rear tires locked. Some agreed with this, and some said it didn't matter if they only had one, or both locked.

So on monday night after I got done unloading those transmissions I was dicking around with the cutting brakes on the tractor. This is obvious, but the reason it works so well on tractors is because the other wheel that isn't locked pushes it around.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Some more kindergarten cad. I drew the pink links in paint real quick so they are in on shape or form accurate.

I'm not real creative either. See if you can help my frame look cooler. By the way, I have no idea how to make arcs look right, that's why everything is angles. So just imagine if most of the angles are arcs
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    1988 Blazer...RIP

aggielr
    the cuttin brakes would work much better if you had something like an OX or ARB in the rear, this way you can lock the front, lock on tire down in the back and keep the unlocked wheel turning

Originally posted by aggielr
    the cuttin brakes would work much better if you had something like an OX or ARB in the rear, this way you can lock the front, lock on tire down in the back and keep the unlocked wheel turning
    Yeah but I'm not spending that much money. On those selecatable lockers does the power always go to the tire with least resistance?
    1988 Blazer...RIP

BigRedFord04
    are you using tube or box for the frame?

aggielr
    when unlocked, its just like an open diff, no limited slip or anything, and when engaged, its completely locked up, just like a spool, at least this i what i've read

except the new detroit electrac, its supposed to be limited slip when disengaged and completely locked when engaged

Originally posted by BigRedFord04
    are you using tube or box for the frame?
    Most likely all tubing
    1988 Blazer...RIP