Thread: fuel system help urgent

True Hollywood Stry

fuel system help urgent

yeah iam having problems with my 95 ford bronco with 351 w efi, i got some water in my gas when getting gas at llano i belive and i changed fuel filter and put some gas water treatment stuff in there and it ran almost perfect, but now i filled up two days ago and it is running like crud again, and the water treatment isnt really helping, do any of you all know where i an go in collegestation or bryan to get it pumped out
    also i was planning on going home friday so thats why it is urgent any insight would be great
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

fbronco86
    are you sure its not a sensor acting up? what is it doing

BigRedFord04
    bring it over, i'll take a look....i've been thru just about everything on that style motor.

True Hollywood Stry
    when i take off from a stop the motor has a little lag and when it shifts mainly in 1st to second it lurches a some or engages really hard, also if i get on the gas hard it will choke out, and die, but when i let of the gas completey and hit it again it will come back, when i start it up it is usually idleing way high, and keeps doing that. Sometimes it idles to high other times to low, basically just runs like crud, and check engine light is on
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

water in your gas....what a *****, now water in your oil that is what seperatest the men from the boys!
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

It sounds like your engine is doing what my 5.0 was doing. I ended up changing the TPS because it was giving too high a signal to the computer (hooked up to a scanner for that info). The TPS was about $30 at NAPA.
    BDR

TPS' will wear out to like Brian said. It's basically a reostat and the first signs are idle and just off idle where it's always being used. If you have a good repair manual(maybe someone in the club can help you out w/ that) it should give you the volts or ohms at certain throttle openings so you can check it out... I would suspect the TPS too.

True Hollywood Stry
    yeah i want to autozone and had then plug in the machine, but a guy like milton of of office space did it and i am not sure he knew what he was doing he got some code that said error in there book, so i went ahead and bought the can anyone help me put it in they said it needs to be adjusted with some kind of meter or something possibly or else it will make the check engine light come on. hey austin whats your schedule tomorrow maybe i can swing by and get some help i got lab till 2 p.m

DUDE!

yeah i want to autozone and had then plug in the machine, but a guy like milton of of office space did it and i am not sure he knew what he was doing he got some code that said error in there book, so i went ahead and bought the can anyone help me put it in they said it needs to be adjusted with some kind of meter or something possibly or else it will make the check engine light come on. hey austin whats your schedule tomorrow maybe i can swing by and get some help i got lab till 2 p.m
    SOME ADVICE:
    Proof read and punctuation, these things can go a long way. I feel like I'm reading in an Ad-lib book!

fbronco86
    hey you have to adjust the TPS voltage to like .996V i am not sure this is the right number but it should be just under 1 volt at idle. which means you have to hook up a meter to read the voltsage coming out of the TPS.

First i would put the new one in and see what it does. most of the time the computer will adjust to the new TPS and it will be kosher. if it nots running right with the new TPS it needs to be adjusted. if you are having troubles give me a call on my celly its under my profile, cause it seems really hard for people to find it for some reason.

btw i have a new cell phone i am pimping

It's all good Grayson, I think Mike and Kevin are speaking the same language...

Originally posted by fbronco86
    hey you have to adjust the TPS voltage to like .996V i am not sure this is the right number but it should be just under 1 volt at idle. which means you have to hook up a meter to read the voltsage coming out of the TPS.

First i would put the new one in and see what it does. most of the time the computer will adjust to the new TPS and it will be kosher. if it nots running right with the new TPS it needs to be adjusted. if you are having troubles give me a call on my celly its under my profile, cause it seems really hard for people to find it for some reason.

btw i have a new cell phone i am pimping
    mike dont church it up for us, where all the peeps, thanks, gig'em, yipee, yup, and ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

BigRedFord04
    Originally posted by bburris
    It's all good Grayson, I think Mike and Kevin are speaking the same language...
    i was thinkin' the same thing. kevin just gimme a call and you can stop by. i think i'm gonna steal my roommates TPS and put it on my truck and see if that fixes my problem too.

BigRedFord04
    we fixed it by replacing the TPS. runs good now. kinda a pain in the ass b.c. to get to it you have to remove the throttle body. i put a different TPS on mine also and it didnt fix my hesitation problem. next guess i the IAT sensor.