Thread: This is why TMTC needs our support...

This is why TMTC needs our support...

http://www.uvaldeleadernews.com/story2.shtml

Oh yeah, in case you don't know:

support = $$

~dso
    The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'

Violentv8toy
    My dad and his friends used to be members of TMTC. Some guys I wheel with in my hometown are active members and are supposedly set to cut new trails on the place. Just need the go ahead word.

That ranch is supposed to be no river beds and all rockcrawling prettymuch with a few mudholes from typical hill country runoff. It should be pretty kickass. From what i hear from local Uvalde talk is that it will happen for sure.

I know where i'll be this summer.
    (i think im gonna join TMTC).

Violentv8toy
    I'm just a dumbass newbie.

I can't be spending 200 dollars in participating in SWFWD events and driving to them. Obviously alot of killer stuff in terms of rigs are coming out of midwest. They want to cater to them too obviously as anyone would. But TAMOR has to look out for their interests as well.

Uvalde has some great wheeling in the 3 rivers that run/dry run near it. Hell, theres a great one about a mile from the college there. However those may get shut down. but since its a county by county basis, noone really knows right now. Uvalde is a wheelin' town. I'll tell you that much right now. Locally, I hear this new wheelin' ranch is really gonna be the shiat and its going to be way cheaper to go for everyone and boost the local economy. I would really be tickled if TAMOR ever made a trip down there. We could stay at garner park (about 10 mi from proposed area) and camp for 5 bux a person. I would support TAMOR making any donation to TMTC instead of SWFWD.

Of course I might be waaaay of base on this one. But thats just what the noob sees.

EDIT: Just voicing my opinion. I'm honestly not even in the realm of saying where the money should go. I'll support the money wherever it goes. I'd just like to help out that offroad ranch since thats where i'll want to be this summer as its a short distance from me and sounds very promising.
    Last edited by Violentv8toy; 10-24-2003 at 07:00 PM.

aggielr
    i don't think we should get in a pissin match to see where the money goes, we have given money to SWFWDA and TMTC, they are both workin to help keep land open for us to wheel, we should either alternate donations or split them up, we should all be working together, not fighting with each other

SWFWDA does hold bi-annual events or supports them rather, and is usually a $50 entry fee

if something opens up in Uvalde, you can bet that some of us will be makin a trip out there

WTF!!??

Why did I get moderated?

Am I not allowed to voice an opinion that I think TMTC will probably make better use of our money (above and beyond memberships) than SWFWD?

Because that's all I was trying to say.

BTW Violent: We all decide where the money goes. We held a vote at a meeting last year to give the $500 to SWFWD, and I think we should have the option this year--if the money's there--to vote on giving money to TMTC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

AgDieseler
    Eric, I know you weren't able to make the meeting, but this issue was addressed. Here are the meeting minutes.

Fresh Cope, It Satisfies! StevenAg03's Avatar
    becue he wasnt at the meeting, doesnt mean he cant say what he feels as lng as it isnt offensive or degrating towards someone.
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500
    82 CJ-7 - sitting in a field...

"....Your theory is f*cked up like a football bat...."

AgDieseler
    I'm not even getting into that whole debate. He had questions and comments, some answers were available under official club news. Just the facts, Ma'am.

Fresh Cope, It Satisfies! StevenAg03's Avatar
    Originally posted by AgDieseler
    I'm not even getting into that whole debate. He had questions and comments, some answers were available under official club news. Just the facts, Ma'am.

then why did you delete his post....you could have just replied and put it was already covered here....

by your way of thinking, i hope no one ever asks a tech question thats already been covered...
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500
    82 CJ-7 - sitting in a field...

"....Your theory is f*cked up like a football bat...."

AgDieseler
    I didn't delete his post.

Okay; I don't know who moderated me, but I understand why.

We don't need anybody from SWFWD looking over our pages and thinking we have developed a bad attitude about them, especially in light of the Kansas thing.
    HOWEVER, the fact that I am not an officer or even a very active member should show that I am just Joe Schmoe TAMOR member with an opinion, and that the opinion hasn't been voted on or adopted as official club policy...it's just an opinion

I would hope that anyone outside the club would realize that before making generalizations about the club based on my one post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Ingenloff
    Originally posted by uglyota

I would hope that anyone outside the club would realize that before making generalizations about the club based on my one post.

Yes, one would hope that....but, seriously, we all know the general public to be quick at twisting words. Better safe than sorry whether you're an only moderately active member, or on thet board all the damn time....