Thread: 39" Irocs on my toy?

Violentv8toy

39" Irocs on my toy?

I just bought some worn ass 38s and i'll probably want to replace them by february or as money allows.

My 38s look pretty small. I hear that the 39" irocs are lighter than a 38 SS. Do yall think my axles can hold up to the v8 and 39s? D44 (soon to be locked) and a welded 8" toy.

I've got a 60 and a 14, but thats for a different project and i will not use them on this toy.

TXsizeK5
    I hear the IROKS are made from VERY soft compound, so if it's a DD don't expect many miles out of it. Other wise the soft material will prolly grip dirt and rocks alot better.

locked 44 will not withstand 39" tires if you've got a pretty heavy right foot. But you never know, i know some guys running 38's on 10bolts and havent broken them yet, but they run open diffs.
    Last edited by TXsizeK5; 11-04-2003 at 06:10 PM.

Violentv8toy
    yeah. I'll prolly drive it like 10 miles a week maybe. I've got a bunch of different vehicles i can use, so thats no biggie.

I also hear that even though its a soft compound, they ride like no other 39. No balance issues and vibrations.

And damn the price is good.

If i dont like the size of the 38s. i'll toss 36s on there and call it good.

TXsizeK5
    how about some 38x14.50 SX

I wouldn't go above 35's on a 44. Right now for you 35's would hold up well on the toyota because it's light. I break shafts almost every trip, but thats cause the blazer is heavy.

Look how Busa can wheel on 35's in a toyota. I'd hold off on those bigger tires until you can get larger axles.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

I want a set of 39 iroks, becuase my 35's are looking extremly small on my truck right now. I know my axles can withstand a set of 38.5s, so I think mine could handle the 39's (they're lighter) with the occasional breakage, especially once I swap back to 4.10s. But, like someone said, smaller tires means you can beat the rig harder with less fear. But tires are the last things I need to be thinking about now.

Violentv8toy
    Yeah, I think after these 38s, i'll go with the 36" irocs and call it good....even though 36s are pretty tiny.

I'll save the 39s for the next project .

My dad has free time on his hands..what do yall think would be a good project....needs to be something with a v8 60/14B and 39"+.

buggy? what frame would be unique but relatively easy? No tube buggys.

I was thinking a clean T100 or a Tacoma or even maybe a 4runner with a chopped top so its a convertible with a tube cage? I'm actually gonna start a new thread about this....