Thread: street-sign type channel iron

street-sign type channel iron

Okay until I figure out exactly what to do with the back of my truck, I'm going to rig up something to hold my spare tire and Hi-Lift. I think that a couple of pieces of that galvanized channel with all the holes in it; like you might see "no parking" at the top of, would do the trick. Does anybody have any of this lying around for any reason? Just thought I'd ask before I start getting creative
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

BigRedFord04
    i've got a piece at home...i think its green....i'll need to take the hays county sign off of it before you can have it

bring it to the meeting? I'll buy you a beer
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

BigRedFord04
    its at home in austin....wouldnt be able to get it 'til this weekend

kewl...I can still use it.
    nobody ever died from a missing "no parking" sign though...

True Hollywood Stry
    hey just to let you know that stuff doesnt weld to well, at least not pretty at all, and gives off a bad gas when welded, definately do it out in the open. i made a makeshift bumper out of it, if austin cant help you out i can bring the bumper back up her after thanksgiving possibly if i got room.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

Yep, it's galvanized, thickly too. Do not breath the smoke. It will weld uglishly unless you grind off the coating. But I think he's gonna bolt it together.

take a wire wheel on a grinder and give it hell. Then it welds wicked pissah, I made some speaker stands out of it, first welding project.

I didn't know you welded, lissa
    Worked with it yesterday...that is some tough chit!
    The coating catches on fire when you weld on it and smokes yellow. Leaves a white residue after you blow the fire out. Um...if you have to cut it, have a stack of cut-off wheels handy. Burned up an entire "the torch" sawzall blade making one cut ($3 each!) and my 1/2" drill bit trying to enlarge some holes.
    Otherwise it's sweet!

Originally posted by uglyota
    I didn't know you welded, lissa
    Worked with it yesterday...that is some tough chit!
    The coating catches on fire when you weld on it and smokes yellow. Leaves a white residue after you blow the fire out. Um...if you have to cut it, have a stack of cut-off wheels handy. Burned up an entire "the torch" sawzall blade making one cut ($3 each!) and my 1/2" drill bit trying to enlarge some holes.
    Otherwise it's sweet!
    Hope you didnt' breathe it. If you did milk helps stop some of the pain from what I hear.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

didn't breathe any. My garage is full of junk...I work outside. Why, what is it? Sulfur-based?

True Hollywood Stry
    i dont remember what is in it i think there is some sulfur, and it is easy to cut with a chop saw
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!