Thread: Mysterious Yota, enquiring minds want to know!

Mysterious Yota, enquiring minds want to know!

I don't know what that Toyota is that Higgs bought, but I say it's safe to say it's not an FJ55. Was there an FJ45 or 50?

For those who haven't seen the pics it has an FJ40 front end, about 3/4 of a FJ40 cab w/ a small bed.

This is an FJ55:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I think I found it! Got this page and scroll to the bottom (last one)where there are dimensions of other model configurations. OJ50?

http://www.brian894x4.com/LCBandeirante.html

Did it look like this FJ45?

Nevermind, should have looked at the link first.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by mudtoy67; 11-04-2003 at 10:21 PM.
    BDR

Higgs needs to get me hooked up on importing one of these:

The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'

it's a 2 door extended cab FJ40. if you look at the very last spec drawing on the website, that's what it looked like.

It's the bottom truck:

Originally posted by davido
    Higgs needs to get me hooked up on importing one of these:

You're not joking, we need to get higs to find out what importing a fj45 cab or even one of the more obscure cruiser models would cost. I would love to build one of those things

stinger7401
    $4000 for the container + whatever import duties...

definitely to rich for my blood

where i used to work the containers were like 40' long so you could prob put 3 in there and split the container 3ways.

Plus you could probably smuggle in some little indonesian sweat shops workers and break even
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

Violentv8toy
    Alot of guys really like these vehicles.

Why is that? I personally am not impressed by these but maybe i'm missing something...

couple of reasons people like these things
    1. its a toyota, so if you're a die hard yota guy it adds to the coolness
    2. its unique

As for sticking a bunch in a container, thats a possibility. Really, all you need is the cab itself. The rest of it can be found here, fabbed, or replaced with easier to find stuff. Get rid of the front clip, and you've shortened it considerably. Then you could probally stuff several of those things in a container.

Personally, what I really want is one of those 3rd gen double cab toy trucks. Those things are sweet, and look a hell of a lot nicer than most of the double cab vehicles being produced today

Let's start a FJ CKD bidness!!! 4 or 5 of those bad boys taken apart and stacked in a container! Definitely need the axles, too...a couple dozen hi-pinions with e-lockers. I want the single cab pickup-version fj!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

I checked into importing LR's a couple of years back from the UK. Ended up costing around $1000 per vehicle w/ three per container so around 3k per container. I'm thinking of buying enough Defenders ('83 and up) to fill three containers. Right now you can't import them b/c of customs laws the EPA, DOT, blah, blah, blah....anyways if you ship a vehicle in three seperate shipments it's considered parts (see where this is going). So, I'm thinking why not buy enough Defenders to fill three containers. frames and axles in one (taken apart ) engines, tranny, t-cases etc. in another, and broken down bodies in the other. After they arrive, assemble them, title them as kit cars and sell them. Now I need to find some venture capatalist!

Originally posted by uglyota
    Let's start a FJ CKD bidness!!! 4 or 5 of those bad boys taken apart and stacked in a container! Definitely need the axles, too...a couple dozen hi-pinions with e-lockers. I want the single cab pickup-version fj!
    I don't think those have the e-locks, but perhaps they have cable lockers. Like I said, ship over the cabs, beds, and frames in different containers, then drop in a v8 and some d60s

here is a list of stuff from over there that I think would sell well here (granted this is mostly yota stuff)

Cabs, bodies, frames
    diesel engines, turbos for engines like the 2f and so forth,
    full floater rear toy axles,
    simex tires,
    cable lockers