Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: cracked th350

Seriously, you can do it! Swap the bitch in, it won't take that long.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Violentv8toy
    Its in carrizo springs.....south of uvalde.

I could swap it out...but...i dont know...i'd have to do it friday and then go to SA. Its possible...but i dont want to lead my friend on a goosechase across the state.

Putting a toy trans and case isnt an option. THis engine has too much power for this truck to begin with...

EDIT: I decided that i'm not ready for SA. But Chevsu...you think you could weld her back up for a 2 cases of beer someday or at least look at it? If you wouldn't be confident that it wouldnt hold up...i'll just replace it.
    Last edited by Violentv8toy; 11-12-2003 at 12:36 PM.

Originally posted by Violentv8toy
    Chevsu...you think you could weld her back up for a 2 cases of beer someday or at least look at it? If you wouldn't be confident that it wouldnt hold up...i'll just replace it.
    3 cracks! You are cheap, aren't you
    Lots of people run toyota gear behind 350s. Your tranny and tcase have more than enough balls for that smallblock, and I think the tcase has lower gears than your 205 (is that what you put in?). So what's your real reason?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Violentv8toy
    Cheap ass mofo i b!

Well my real reason is that i honestly think this engine puts out way too much power for a toyota tranny...esp since its on 38s. The 5th gear would be nicer than 350s 1:1...and lower gears would be nicer, but i think i'll end up killing the tranny.

Another reason is my cheapness...bellhousing conversion kits and all that crap...thats serious bling. I'd rather replace a th350 3 times than spend 500 dollars on a 'not as strong' setup. The 205 is stronger than the toy case...though the toy case would be just fine. Also...my driveshafts are so perfect. I've spent about 30 dollars in my shafts, and they're perfect. I dont want to have to cut em up and reweld em. I'm tired of working backwards. I want to wheel.
    Last edited by Violentv8toy; 11-12-2003 at 01:10 PM.

good call. The bellhousing adapter won't be cheap, and if you did kill the w56, rebuild's more expensive than a th350 overhaul. The torque converter in your auto might let you keep that rear end intact as well. Check the thrifty nickel...I bet there's a few th350s in there right now.

How slow does she go with the high gears and big-azz tires? Bet it does real good in the mud! Oh, and by the way, how much is the th350 tranny-toy tcase adapter from aa (when you decide to work on the crawl ratio)?

PS what's the tranny/tcase price down to now?
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Violentv8toy
    I havent been able to try a topspeed because i havent taken it on the highway because i dont have a hood on it.

I'd say she'll do 0-60 in at least 8 seconds....it will spin the 38s with just a blip of the throttle.

I probably wont go to a toy case...nor will i do a doubler. I'll leave it as is and start all over again with a tacoma or T100...2wds....it will be a 1 ton on 39+s.

As for the tranny...i think i'm gonna get it welded up...fix the tranny mount...chain the engine down..and then do roads and alot of throttle runs and try to break the welded tranny again. I'd hate to stick the other 350 in and fawk that one up.

And as for the tranny and t-case price....260..some guy of pirate wants it pretty bad and hes from austin..but if u want it...give me 260.01 and its yours.
    Last edited by Violentv8toy; 11-12-2003 at 01:44 PM.

chevsu
    i could look at the trans and give you answer or show me a good pic of it.

Violentv8toy
    well...if you arent busy at about 8:00 tonight...i can pick u up and take u to go look at it. Or I can get some pictures posted on here at about 10:00 tonight.

chevsu
    just get me some pics of it that will be good enough.

Originally posted by Violentv8toy
    I havent been able to try a topspeed because i havent taken it on the highway because i dont have a hood on it.
    I'd say she'll do 0-60 in at least 8 seconds....it will spin the 38s with just a blip of the throttle.
    I asked how SLOW. Or are you desert racing?
    Go ahead and sell the tranny/tcase. If I had $260 I'd buy Skinny J's tires and a couple cases of good beer to take to SA

Violentv8toy
    ohh...crawl is like 40:1...but its not bad with an automatic.

Violentv8toy
    Cody, do you think you weld this tranny up for me this weekend or early next week sometime? Its really not bad cracks and If I could ARC it, i would...so i figure you could Tig it pretty easlily.

If you can't, does anyone know who's got a TIG and can weld this crack up for a bit-o-dough?

Originally posted by Doug Krebs
    Of course it works when you're Cody and you have god welders!
    Haha is that like a Jesus tire?

Violentv8toy
    Pulled the tranny tonight. As soon as i started letting it down, crack crack crack and the crack expanded *shiat*....just needed one more bellhousing bolt off.....CRACK...the bellhousing cracked completely off and sent everything tumbling. Luckily it didn't kill us. I kinda figured it would happen...so oh well.

Upon further inspection, the bellhousing is really thin and cheapish. I wish I had come upon a 465/205 instead of this aluminum pos. But then again its my dumba55 fault for messing up the mounts. Duhr

anyone have a 4wd th350 for sale around college station for about 150 bux? Otherwise i'll have to use the spare one 6 hrs away.

I know a guy with a 700R4 raptor....I heard those are the best trannies ever made!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!