Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: cracked th350

If your spare one don't work out, I have one in Karnes City for $95. Its a 3 hour drive from here.

Violentv8toy
    what kind of condition is it in? When could i get it?

If its a good tranny...consider it sold if I can pick it up by the 16th.

Well, you can go down there and pick it up today or any other day probably. I won't be down there untill the 20somethingth but I can have someone show you to it. It worked fine before I pulled it about a month ago. Its dirty and leaks, I'd replace any seals while its out, bent the dipstick tube but it can be straightened or use your old one. Its sitting on a cotton trailer so it will be easy to load. Just gotta seperate it from my np203 and adapter.

wait...did just the bellhousing crack? Can't you just bolt a new one on?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Autos have the bellhousing as part of the case. No taking apart.

that blows
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Violentv8toy
    how bad does it leak? where does it leak? Does it shift good? When you say seals, do you mean like the transmission pan or what? I basically need a transmission that i can pop in and run with. If yours fits the bill, i'll take it and go pick it up here in a couple of days....95 cash?

BTW, does anyone have a good floor jack i can borrow for a couple of hours....putting a tranny sucks with a bottle jack.

Originally posted by Violentv8toy

BTW, does anyone have a good floor jack i can borrow for a couple of hours....putting a tranny sucks with a bottle jack.
    yes, it has like a 5-6" contact surface i think, throw some chains around it and it will work alright

Violentv8toy
    ooo...those big jacks are great. I had one but some theif took it.

Anyway, thanks for letting me borrow it...very cool.

I had one but some theif took it.
    oh that was you???

just let me know when you need it

Leaks bad enough that it needs to be fixed to be used. About a quart in a week probably. I think it shifts good only drove it twice, I know it didn't slip with the old 350 in front of it probably only making about 150hp. I never looked where the leak was coming from. You should put a new pan seal on when you change the filter, and while its out just put all new seals in it. Can't cost much more than $20 for the input and output seals and then the little seals for the shifting stuff. I think its the input seal that's leaking. Cash is good.

Violentv8toy
    How long would it take to replace those? Can i put the tranny in and then change it while its up in the vehicle? I don't know anything about these trannys.

How long would it take to replace those? Can i put the tranny in and then change it while its up in the vehicle? I don't know anything about these trannys.
    why on earth would you do that? Just do it on the ground. I've got a spare raptor I can sell you!!!

Why not just swap in a 465/205 like you want to do? If you look around you can get them for around 200 - 250. The whole swap with the clutch would cost you under 500?? I wish I would have done it my 2nd raptor ago!!
    1988 Blazer...RIP

The input and output seals should only take a few minutes each. They're just like a, well dammit I don't know where one would be on a toyota. Like the front main seal on your 350, or a wheel seal on a full float rear axle or a dana front. The whole reason why you should change all the seals before putting it in is because it is easy. Its a bitch to do it later.

Violentv8toy
    OK consider it sold...tell me where i can give ya the 95 and when and where i can pick it up and all that good stuff.

Well if i woulda done it again, i would have gone 465/205 but i found this th350/205 for cheap and it had a shift kit and i kinda thought an auto would be cool and neat and all that good stuff.

I can't go backwards because my driveshafts are already shortened and at a perfect length. If i did a 465, i'd have to lengthen my shortened rear shaft and shorten my already shortened front shaft and then my shaft angle on my front will be not to mention i no longer have a clutch pedal in it. 500 dollars is too damn much for me right now anyway. He'll my buddy's got a 465 he'll give me but I can't work backwards...i havent wheeled it since March...im in a 'must wheel' situation.

EDIT: I'd like to pick it up tomorrow if i can. Thanks.
    Last edited by Violentv8toy; 12-09-2003 at 06:09 PM.