Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Parde Island Info, April 20-21

Parde Island Info, April 20-21

The Padre Island trip is coming up next weekend. In order to ease things a bit for our safety officer, I am asking those are going to send an email to our safety officer so she can put together an accurate list. For this to work, your user profile needs to be accurate in terms of emergency contact information. If you are not a currently enrolled TAMU student, please indicate so. Also include any guests along with their student ID #(if applicable), emergency contact, and emergency contact phone #.

Now a little info on Padre Island:

First this is not South Padre Island we are talking about here. This is Padre Island National Seashore. It is just south of Corpus Christi. The area is 60 miles of beach and can only be driven out and back. Because the nearest gas station is 20 miles or so from the beach, your vehicle has to be able to travel almost 200 miles off-road without the benefit of a gas station. So for most folks, an extra jerry can or two of gas is required.

There are few facilities and no fresh water once you get on the beach, so you will have to take everything with you. This includes camping gear if you wish to spend the night. This trip is being planned as a camping trip, so be prepared.

There is a $10/vehicle entrance fee, but no camping permit fee.

The park service requires all vehicles to be licensed and registered.

There is no driving allowed on the dunes.

Click here for more information on the park.

Post any questions or comments to this thread.

-Mark
    Future Former President TAMOR

AGRVR
    Who all plans to go this weekend to Padre???

Lisa
    I wanted to let everyone know that we'll be heading down to Corpus on Friday. My parents are going to let everyone stay at their house on Friday night (we have plenty of room for people and vehicles). That way we can get an early start on Saturday. Make sure to bring camping gear, food, water, etc. for Saturday. It would be nice if someone with room can volunteer to bring firewood. I'll get back to you on what time we'll be leaving on Friday (it won't be early). Also, if you plan to go email me so I can let my mom know how many people to expect. laf3606@neo.tamu.edu

Lisa

Moose
    Lisa. How far away is your mothers house from where we'll be hanging out? If I go I will bring fire wood. I now have camping gear.

Joel
    My first post
    Last edited by Moose; 04-18-2002 at 06:20 AM.

RE-READ LISA'S POST

Hopefully you can figure out why you need camping gear.
    F R I D A Y...L I S A' S, S A T U R D A Y....B E A C H...Which means...F A R F R O M L I S A' S H O U S E.
    got it? hope so.

GARNER

Exclamation BEANS AND FRANKS

lisa haus is an hour away from the beach/trail head.
    this trips is not for nancy's either. no ****ters, no showers
    unless you want to drive back to Maliquee (trail head).
    Bring ber, water, gas, and ***. and a camera for the coconut tit statue. women should bring a bra to donate.
    If you are a jackass, or will be on the trip. I CAN LOSE YOU ON THE BEACH, NO PROBLEM.....I am a ghost on the beach

bring straps too and shovels for the jackass attack!

Moose
    so who's leaving sat? i'm def going. i'll meet fri if others wanna do that. i'll be driving in from north austin area. yall wanna get a group started leaving for fri/sat (i don't care) so i know when to meet and where? can i have a cell phone number to call just in case? like yours garner.

Joel
    979-220-2234 (cell)

AGRVR

Re: BEANS AND FRANKS

Originally posted by GARNER
    I CAN LOSE YOU ON THE BEACH, NO PROBLEM.....I am a ghost on the beach
    No way Garner, you can't outrun the powerful IH 8,000,000lbs V8!

Scout
    Quite possible the heaviest motor/cubic inch in existence.

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    Hey, it might be real damn heavy, but at least it's really ****ing slow.
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

BigLee
    So whats the deal with food, is everyone on their own or are we doing something together or what.

BigRedFord04
    Originally posted by BigLee
    So whats the deal with food, is everyone on their own or are we doing something together or what.
    You and Garner together in a "community dining" situation? You really think there would be any for anyone else? I'm sure everyone would be better off fending for themselves and hiding all food from y'all.

Moose
    I'm down for BBQ. Who's got a grill? I'll could bring meat. I've got a decent sized cooler. Give me a call.

How come there are only 6 people going? It's not like yall study for finals anyway.
    Last edited by Moose; 04-18-2002 at 06:18 AM.

Lisa Ferguson
    Jeff Garner
    Lee Killingsworth (Allison Mellard)
    Joel Clarke
    Mark Shipman

Who else is going?

Graysan?
    Collinsan?

Who else?

Anyone bringing a pickup? I can bring my pit. If anyone has a spare propane bottle, we might want to bring that also JIC. Are we making burgers or something that night? SandySamiches?

~dso
    The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'

BigLee
    Ill have my truck, and will haul the pit as long as it is on a trailer or something, dont have room with the bedcover.

BigLee
    Actually I got a grill im gunna bring that will fit in the bed of my truck, anybody that wants to use it is more than welcome, ill bring enough propane.