View Poll Results: what should i do with the exhaust?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • "its a V8 its suppost to be loud and annoying... keep it real"

8 36.36%
  • "shut the **** up, i cant hear my **** breaking"

9 40.91%
  • "get headers and make that bitch scream!!"

5 22.73%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: exhaust?

exhaust?

what should i do? on the road it sounds great and flows good... but on the trail its load, hot and annoys people
    Last edited by J Cooper; 11-16-2003 at 10:00 PM.

dual exhaust with manifolds and cheapo mufflers, unless you pay the money for doug thorleys.

hedman and pacesetter are piles of $hit

right now its the stock manifolds with dual exhaust and 2 chamber flowmasters with dumps right before the rear axle...
    ... so you saying go ahead and buy the headers and throw some cheap quiet mufflers on in and call er done?

True Hollywood Stry
    i am all for loud ****, but i can see where some people think loud on the trail is bad. Put on the headers and go with the flows, and if you wanna get rid of the flows i'm interested.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

my exhaust quiet all the time with dual turbo mufflers, but when i had glasspacks I had to wear ear plugs on the highway on long trips.

are you planning on a drivetrain swap anytime soon? if so hold off, i had to ditch the old exhaust with the t150/d20 to clear the sm420 d300. Also keep a traction bar in mind if your doing soa

I think i'm going to put two of those edelbrock cylinder shaped mufflers on mine for clearance purposes. edelbrock is also coming out with some headers next year that are a bolt up replacement to the 304,401 and early 360 style manifolds.

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive/...wProdBroch.pdf

fbronco86
    i dont think your jeep can be any louder than my bronco. the noise sucks but it cost money to change it. plus from snatchadams post i dont drive the thing anyway so i guess it does not matter.

i will probably wait till i do the spring over to do it, and yes i need to fix my "all of a suddent" electrical problem. just a minute ago i went to go put my drive shaft back on (from being flat towed) and i sat in the front seat (with key in hand) and pushed on the brake and the radio and ac compressor turned on, i let off and it turned off... fun stuff...

and yes i want something that is quiet at idel and low rpm, but then when you hit it, it shows what it has

and yes, im pretty sure mine is louder

matt
    i like it quiet until i hit the throttle. nothing like v8 noise. but don't be stupid and make it extremely loud, just good low sound

TXsizeK5
    Yea just sitting there at Clayton you couldn't hear yourself think. But once on the highway the exhuast didn't vibrate the jeep and it didn't sound bad & according to jimmy the exhuast turn downs made the water underneath the jeep look "really neat"

I have dynomaxes and I really like them, they're real quiet but have a nice low growl when you open it up.

Violentv8toy
    If ya go Bryan Muffler, tell em Mario in the POS black toyota sent ya.

They've got pretty good service and guarantee their work. I had them extend the y-pipe a bit after I clearanced the frame and tightened the headers. They even helped me load it on the trailer when it smoked all the wires to the key

They've got a good cheap muffler that they put on mine that isnt loud at idle and doesnt really get loud at WOT...yet has a good deep rumble.

**** it, if you want loud, i got loud

Violentv8toy
    Robert. Is that a 205?

Robert. Is that a 205?

TXsizeK5
    I got these , soft when Iwant, loud when I want. cool stuff.

you actually bought those??? must have some spare money sitting around