Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rear window Wiper for Blazer...is it possible???

if you find one, you might wanna pull a lot of electronics and give it a dry run before you drill a hole in your tailgate. I think if you just hook up 12 volts to that thing, it'll go real fast and probably break something.

That gets me thinking...did you say you were mounting it in fiberglass? That might be the reason they didn't offer one...you might want to reinforce it big time before you let ol' Toyody torque on it
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Redfox0099
    If I am not mistaken from the one I saw on a 4 Runner that gave me the idea it was mounted into the top inside of the back cover through the fiberglass top. It had a switch up front that ran the wiper just like any other application therefore if I got the wiring harness from the front I don't see it being a problem.

Matt Conlee
    can we try and keep the posts in the tech threads tech related. We have the kitchen for a reason.

i still think it would be easier just to replace the bottom seals around the tailgate window and just roll it down and let them clean it off.

Where are yougoing to put the wiper motor anyway?
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

Redfox0099
    Originally posted by Snatch Adams

Where are yougoing to put the wiper motor anyway? [/B]
    As I said in the post before the 4 Runner has it mounted to the roof inside the back hatch and the arm comes through the top and sweeps down (hence the pic I inserted).

If it is raining hard at all it is ill advised to roll the back window down, I have a lot of things in the back of my daily driver that I wouldn't want to get wet.

What kind of wipers were used on the the late model blazers (or did they have one?) May try that foe an option. I use to have one on my Range Rover until it stopped working, then I removed the arm. It was similary mounted. My truck has a clam shell type opening in the back. There is probably some type of parking fixture for the wiper as well to keep the wiper from springing inward when the window is rolled down. Mine had two settings: push the leaver one way and it would wipe 5 times and park the other would be on a 10 sec intermittent setting. I never really used it so I don't miss it, plus I have a rear defogger, so that helps in place of the missing wiper.

Redfox0099
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Graystroke
    [B]What kind of wipers were used on the the late model blazers

They do have one but it is mounted on the tailgate, the place on the body style I have that the window is located at and therefore would not work.

True Hollywood Stry
    he wants to mount it in the top, not the tailgate, do like i said earlier, and check out the ones from a tj, it also goes into the fiberglass top, also remember you might have to mount it in a more centered location or use a bigger arm whether you go with the one from a 4-runner or anything else cause your blazer window is wider and deeper than most, if you find the stuff to do it i will help you, or if you find it cheap somewhere and arent sure how it will hold up left me know cause i am more than willing to drill holes and try it in my pos 78 bronco top. but it is still at home.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

Redfox0099
    Found this on ebay for $10, looks like it might work :
    wiper motor is in good working order with wiring harnass, and is out of a 1989 toyota 4runner.
    Attached Images Attached Images