Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: attention photochoppers! (my front bumper)

attention photochoppers! (my front bumper)

Okay this is kinda lame but I need Coop to post a pic he took today of my front end, so i can get suggestions of how to finish out the bumper. I'll paint in my idea as soon as it's up, then get comments from you guys.
    Like I said, it sounds dumb to start the thread without a pic, but patience is a virtue, and
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

ugly

okay this is kinda what I'm thinking. The main supports sticking out the front are 1/2" thick, 4" wide. The bar between them is 2x2. between the top of that bar and the bottom of the chrome is almost 8". The turn signals for it are 2"x about 8"
    Off to the right is a single bar just going off to kinda protect the parking lights. Any problem with this idea? No winch mount (I got no winch), and I want to keep it tight into the truck.
    PS thanks Coop
    PPS Yes Austin, I know I suck at photoshop....especially since it's edition...PAINT
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

matt
    you might bring some supports down from the top bar to the outer side of the existing bumper plate. i think this would strengthen it up a lot and keep any possible bendage down while one end or the other gets slammed on rocks.

Violentv8toy
    I think it loooks good. Let me dig up a pic of a bumper you might want to model it after.

I was actually gonna talk to you about using your welder because i'll be working on a winch bumper here pretty soon. This is what i was looking at.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Violentv8toy
    here ya go.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

BigRedFord04
    photochopping takes time. time is money. give me money (or beer) and i will think about it. you get what you pay for, and i only do the best

the second one looks like a good place to start.. minus the winch... pretend its your tow bar

True Hollywood Stry
    i would get some metal plate and weld in the middle on your design eris and cut out holes for lights, to make it look a little better
    , and damn that first winch bumper is bling blinging.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

... the first one is kinda what i was thinking for me... except a jeep version.. matching the rear and sliders i wanted to do

Violentv8toy
    Yeah. its hott and seemingly pretty easy to make. It belongs to Rocktoy on pirate. Nice capable truck too.

Go to pirate and search 'front winch bumper pictures' in toyota truck and 4runner and you'll see a thread about front winch bumper picture collections or whatever. Theres alot of good ones in there.

Redfox0099
    This is probably going to get me assualted but why not add some supports up to the windshield (YES, I KNOW THE DRAWING SUCKS) and make a exo cage, extreme looking and safe to boot

True Hollywood Stry
    I think he doesnt want to go the exo cage route. He just wants it simple, and to keep the cab and front clip looking basically stock, or as stock as it can look without a bed. This thing is starting to look like my third grade english papers, red everywhere.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

Originally posted by BigRedFord04
    time is money. give me money (or beer) and i will think about it. you get what you pay for, and i only do the best
    doesnt your mom have a similar tatoo on her ass austin?
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!