Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: attention photochoppers! (my front bumper)

BigRedFord04
    it actually spirals down her leg...

Violentv8toy
    Exo would be too expensive for him and he lacks a bender.

Keep it simple. Bumper first.

Originally posted by matt
    you might bring some supports down from the top bar to the outer side of the existing bumper plate. i think this would strengthen it up a lot and keep any possible bendage down while one end or the other gets slammed on rocks.
    Not sure what you mean here...other supports in addition to the diagonals?
    Originally posted by stx4wheeler
    i would get some metal plate and weld in the middle on your design eris and cut out holes for lights, to make it look a little better
    , and damn that first winch bumper is bling blinging.
    do you mean to put like a trapezoid 1/4" plate in the middle, with lights set in holes?
    RedFoxx...not up for an exo yet, but keep it comin'
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Originally posted by Violentv8toy
    I think it loooks good. Let me dig up a pic of a bumper you might want to model it after.

I was actually gonna talk to you about using your welder because i'll be working on a winch bumper here pretty soon. This is what i was looking at.
    the bumper you're showing there is gonna take a lot of practice and experience to bend. Better buy a truckload of tubing. Just let me know when you need to weld. we'll get you set up.

and Ryan; what I really need to do is make another bracket that angles those 1/2" supports up 45* I can bash on them all day and they won't slide up a rock. there's about 5# of electrodes holding them on, though...so maybe on the next attempt!
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Violentv8toy
    well i probably wont bend it. I'll cut - heat - bend and reweld.

South Texas Style....

It wont look as good, but oh well.

Thanks for offering the use of your welder.

True Hollywood Stry
    ah good old south texas inginuity. that crap brings uo all kinds of bad memories from home.
    WEll on the plate i said for the front it would be that heavy if you use fairly light weight stuff, or maybe diamond plate, and as for the radiator air flow, the stock bumer would hinder about as much as my idea would, and since he isnt trying to cool some huge powerbeast of a motor he would be fine.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

you use fairly light weight stuff, or maybe diamond plate
    i dont remember diamond plate being light

...and since he isnt trying to cool some huge powerbeast of a motor he would be fine.
    You talkin' smack? My 22r-e is like a big block for ricers!

Violentv8toy
    ah good old south texas inginuity. that crap brings uo all kinds of bad memories from home.
    aint nuthin' wrong with homebuilt stuff. If there was something wrong with homebuilt stuff wed all be driving around with stockers with lockers. If i didn't build my truck in my buddies barn...i'd still be rolling around on 31" ATs with my 2" body lift w/IFS...dont dog the homebuilt stuff.

As for the bumper...its a lightweight design anyway. A little heavy metal wont hurt it.

Violentv8toy
    Originally posted by uglyota
    You talkin' smack? My 22r-e is like a big block for ricers!
    Hey can i race you whenever i actually get my shiat fixed and my tranny doesnt come apart whenever i get western on the pedal?

I just want to assure myself that my v8 swap was a good idea.

But mine's still a Toyota
    Originally posted by Violentv8toy
    Hey can i race you whenever i actually get my shiat fixed and my tranny doesnt come apart whenever i get western on the pedal?

I just want to assure myself that my v8 swap was a good idea.
    Sure...I'll put my three-fiddy up against yours

Ben97XJ
    If i didn't build my truck in my buddies barn...i'd still be rolling around on 31" ATs with my 2" body lift w/IFS...dont dog the homebuilt stuff.
    At least then you could drive it!

True Hollywood Stry
    well you can get thin diamond plate just like they use on tool boxes and stuff, and it isnt that heavy, and for the recordi wasnt bashing homebuilt stuff, i have seen lots of stuff back home that should have never been done like pieces of 2x4 used as 6 in lift blocks front and rear, 8 inch welded metal body lifts, shackles that looked like snow ski's, all kinds of crap. eric just go at that ting and make something like your original post, and once your welding skills, and metal fab skills have progressed make something new.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

I had a bed lift made of hockey pucks...but I cut it off
    PS I'll follow up with the final product...a few weeks

ugly fab front bumber start
    Last edited by BigRedFord04; 03-02-2004 at 08:20 PM.