Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bender is going hydraulic!

Bender is going hydraulic!

Bought this little guy off ebay. The guy said it puts out ~ 1.25 gpm. Should be fine for the bender. Going to use a 3" x 24" dual action cylinder and log splitter type valve. Pump should come in next week sometime.

After christmas hopefully I'll get started. Get a few more tools I need and then move up there.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Only one exclamation point in the title....how disappointing!
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

I hate you!!! There is that better?
    1988 Blazer...RIP

it's getting better, but there is still only one question mark in your response, have you lost your touch? Maybe throw a "suposively" in there!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

I was hoping coldpecker would chime in with his knowledge of hydraulics. I'm assuming the electric going to the center is some kinda solonoid valve. I'm wondering if there is a way I can rig it permanately open because I'm going to use a manual valve instead. I guess when I get the thing I'll know for sure.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

I don't know what that is. Doesn't look like it will do any good for you. I bet it will just unscrew.
    Last edited by eight; 12-01-2003 at 06:51 PM.

chevsu
    is that motor for 110 or 480 volts?

it's for 110, a representative from the company saw it on ebay and indentified for the guy, but I only got this information after i won the damn thing.

Oh well, hopefully I can use it, I should be able to, I might have to use it with a pull back spring. I emailed the company and asked them a bunch of questions, I'll report back.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Damn guy already emailed me back. It's a power up/gravity down system. Kinda frustrated because I'll have to use a spring to pull it back, but I guess it's not the end of the world.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Its just a pump. That valve is what makes it power up/gravity down. Remove the valve and connect a hose where it was and run that to an open center 4 way spool valve. Valve gots 4 ports. One is for fluid from the pump, one is for return to the reservior, the other 2 are the working ports to hook to the cylinder. When the pump is on and you're not bending the fluid will flow though the valve and back to the reservior. When you push the lever, the spool valve directs the pressure to one side of the cylinder, and opens the other side of the cylinder back to the return. You will leave the pump on between bends. Will work just like your tractor. Fluid is allways flowing when the motor is on, it just flows back to the reservior whe the lever is in the centered position, which is the transmission on a tractor. And it only has a load when you push the lever.

Right now the pump is probably set up to run something like an auto lift. On those, the pump is connected to the cylinder and turns on and off to lift or not. And the valve is to bleed the fluid back to the tank so it can lower.

Edit: Corrected
    Last edited by eight; 12-02-2003 at 03:15 PM.

Yeah I did some researching and figured out you could do that. Went to www.howstuffworks.com I just didn't understand how the spool valve works.

Thanks for helping ryan. The pump cost me 110 shipped, hopefully it will work. If that is the case it will cost me about 300 total.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Is $300 cheaper than buying what you really need? If not, I would clen thee POS up, paint it and re-list it on EBAY as a lift pump for a car hoist. It does look like a pump off a 4 post lift.

I'm talking 300 for everything including the pump, ram, hoses, and spool valve.

110 for pump
    100 for expensive ram 60 for cheap one (haven't figured out the diff between the two)
    60 for the spool valve brand new, looking at used ones on ebay
    30-50 for hose and fittings

So around 300 for everything maybe 350 if i have to buy the rest new.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

fbronco86
    Originally posted by Doug Krebs
    I'm talking 300 for everything including the pump, ram, hoses, and spool valve.

110 for pump
    100 for expensive ram 60 for cheap one (haven't figured out the diff between the two)
    60 for the spool valve brand new, looking at used ones on ebay
    30-50 for hose and fittings

So around 300 for everything maybe 350 if i have to buy the rest new.
    some place you need to have a tank.

Originally posted by fbronco86
    some place you need to have a tank.
    Yes there is a resevoir (sp?) on the motor. Look at the picture of what i bought at the top.
    1988 Blazer...RIP