Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Flows

4x4TahoeGal

Flows

I was wondering if anyone could give me the name of a place around town that may put Flowmasters on my Tahoe for less than $275?? If so, please let me know! Thanks : )

do you already have the flows? if not you can buy me some quiet mufflers and we can trade

KEEP EM COOP!

TXsizeK5
    I have a single in dual out flowmaster 40 delta series, kind of rusty but it works (unless you are going true duals, but for that price from a shop, i doubt it). I can hook you up w. the muffler after xmas or so for CHEAP.

Originally posted by Chadnutz
    KEEP EM COOP!
    alright if nutz says to keep em I will... at least they will remember me on the trail right in some way

4x4TahoeGal

Flows

Well I want new ones that aren't rusted...I'm just not familiar with good places to deal with around the CS area, so i thought maybe yall would know a shop that might do it for cheaper than $275...they wanted to charge around $400 in Austin!! ugh anyhow thanx guys...

crawlingno5
    place in hearne is real good. they put flows and 3 inch turn downs on my truck for roughly 300.. if you want i can find out some more info, but your trusty phonebook should have the place. its right of 6 just as you get into hearne.

TXsizeK5

Re: Flows

Originally posted by 4x4TahoeGal
    Well I want new ones that aren't rusted...
    <cough> it doesnt matter <cough>

It still sounds the same

TRDyota
    If you're willing to drive an hour and a half to austin, maybe you'd be willing to drive an hour and a half to houston. There's a place called Lone Star Muffler, they're real cheap. If you just want the mufflers, the somewhere between 150 and 175. But since i don't think you already have duals, you'll have to get the whole catback system. In that case my friend did his z71 there for 225, and another friend did his dodge their for 250. The shop is on the way to your boyfriends house, too, depending on whether he takes I-45 or not.

if you're worried about them being rusted, try getting something else, like borla or gibson, or go the cheap route with dynomax superturbos. Just put the flowmaster stickers on...nobody will look. I won't be replacing my flowmasters with more flowmasters, even though they sound schweet with rust holes
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

TXsizeK5
    I still have my flowmaster sticker that I never bothered to take off (for that extra 10hp) & i have dynomaxes now, a better muffler in my opinion; much more toned and quiet.

Violentv8toy
    I got my exhaust done at Bryan Muffler. They use good quality stuff it looks like. I paid 185 for mine and has no leaks and i'm pretty happy about it. Just go down S. College Ave. and they're on the right about 1/2 mi past the golf course.

Free Estimates. If you go, tell em Mario in the v8 toyota sent ya.

carshopinc.com has the true dual dynomax cat back for my truck for around $250.
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

PS don't wanna hijack this, but does anybody know who makes a good 2 inlet, 1 outlet muffler, maybe 3" outlet? I can't seem to find one on borla, dynomax, or, uh, flowmaster's web page.
    I want one like Banks makes...but I can't afford Banks.

Originally posted by TRDyota
    If you're willing to drive an hour and a half to austin, maybe you'd be willing to drive an hour and a half to houston. There's a place called Lone Star Muffler, they're real cheap. If you just want the mufflers, the somewhere between 150 and 175. But since i don't think you already have duals, you'll have to get the whole catback system. In that case my friend did his z71 there for 225, and another friend did his dodge their for 250. The shop is on the way to your boyfriends house, too, depending on whether he takes I-45 or not.
    my buddies uncle owns that place there slogan on this bumper sticker i have is "NO MUFF TOO TUFF", now that is white trash goodness.
    Chevy trucks already have a dual inlet 1 out muffler so you can put in two mufflers side by side and have true dual. On the pick ups you can just do turn downs after the muffler since it is past the cab but on a tahoe, that aint so legal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!