Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: head count for Llano trip

BigRedFord04
    i'm sure i have an extra sleeping bag i can bring for you from Austin. do you have a tent? cuz i have two in my truck, i'll call you tonite about that. what else you need? i have your big cooler too.

Me and Kurt are leaving early tomorrow morning from KC before 6 I hope. The 36s are lookin kinda small and all-terrainish.

Hey Ugly, you gonna show up? How bout Knoller? Seems Krebs thinks it'll be more fun to sit this trip out.
    Last edited by eight; 12-26-2003 at 07:13 PM.

I'm about to leave...have fun, see ya'll tomorrow.

not this one...sorry mang
    going to Pennsylvania tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Well, I guess it was a good trip. Started by everyone climbing the rock by eagle rock. Went on from there and noticed some popping and found I had broken a u-joint cap in an axle shaft. Didn't have a grinder (caps welded in) so I went to town and bought one at Ace and started grinding in their parking lot untill I was kicked out. So I got the jeep back together and started to head out down the trial but Nix showed up with a steering box ripped off the frame. So I welded it back on. And Mexican Scott with EB showed up with a hole in a steering line. Then I was playing around eagle rock area and found a nice steep line that looked like I could make. So I gave it the assault but the rock fought back and sent a fan blade into the radiator, maybe you remember me never getting around to swapping an electric fan on. So there I was, high centered on this ledge with my skidplate caught in a way that I could not back down. So then Nix decides he can pull me up and proceeds to break the 1 axle shaft in his d30 and seperate the ball joints. So he got that semi back together and out the way. Then Mr. Mancuso hooked up his winch but my jeep must have not wanted to settle for that, so it started up, I put it to it, and made it up. I'll have pics when I can upload them at mi casa in a few weeks. Tried to solder the radiator holes but it didn't work. Reel rigs get towed home.
    Last edited by eight; 12-28-2003 at 08:32 PM.

Violentv8toy
    Alot of people there?

Shaggy
    there was quite few people out there... i was expecting more though. all in all it was a good trip... Nix got the carnage award and major got the kick ass award for sending another dog to the vet with a huge hole in his sholder. little koldpecker gets the drunkass award for getting waisted and pukeing in adam's truck and last but not least i get the award for digging a cool hole that fit a person.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

BigRedFord04
    i had a blast this weekend! i'm uploading my pics now. my only carnage was peeling back the diff cover on my D60 behind eagle rock. easily fixed w/ a hammer. chadnutz, you will be happy to know that i smash the F*CK out of my steering and it held like a champ. Major did well in the bed with Tate and Kingsley.

bigFAWKINranger
    as the recipient of the Carnage Award, i'd like to thank me, bc without me i coulda never broke all that ****. 2 debeaded tires, 1 steering box ripped of the frame- which i cured with a ratchet strap until koldpecker could weld it, and i grenaded the piss out of my only front axle shaft... and somehow managed to drop the knuckle off the ball joints... AND, bent my tie rod.

bigFAWKINranger
    i'd like to add that, in light of brandini's theory that real rigs don't ride on trailers.... i DID manage to drive that thing all the way back to dallas tonight.

Shaggy
    I put up about half of my pictures... the rest will be put up soon
    pics

Originally posted by bigFAWKINranger
    as the recipient of the Carnage Award, i'd like to thank me, bc without me i coulda never broke all that ****.
    I beleive I deserve mention in this for my part as the load in the axle shaft breaking. Thanks.

bigFAWKINranger
    Originally posted by eight
    I beleive I deserve mention in this for my part as the load in the axle shaft breaking. Thanks.
    true, i give you partial credit, but who was the moron who FLOORED it after 3 or 4 unsuccessful atempts.....

Shaggy
    they are all up now

My rear axle has 1" of toe in now and I can't find the adjuster for it.