Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Toyota Guys

Toyota Guys

All pro came out with some "Profields" to compete with Longfields and the introductory price is $79 each. There is also a deal for Profields and a set of new 4340 inners that are supposed to be a lot stronger than their 4140 inners. They are liquidating the 4140s for $129 a pair which is $100 off. One can also purchase Profields and 4340 inners for $359.

I was thinking about Longfields but for the same price as having Bobby improve my sets All pro can get me new sets. Now I have 4 spare birfields and 2 sets of spare inners.

If you guys have some spare Xmas money and are still running stock shiz you might want to jump on this. I don't know if the introductory price will stay this low or not, but the general consensus on PBB is that the price will rise in due time.

All pro told me that no chromo rears have been broken, but in a few high horse power applications they have twisted a little. They are guaranteed for life and I may end up going that route some day.

In edit: They are on back order for 3 weeks right now because they sold out in a few days.

Old News

Anyway, last time I checked, hadn't bobby quit using old birfs and had gone to just using new birfs like allpro? So either way you keep your spare birfs. As for stronger inner axles, yeah they would be nice, but my thought is that money would be better spent else where until you are out of or low on stock shafts. You'll find a stock yota shaft surprisingly strong once the weak birf is eliminated. If anything, buy a spare profield or longfield. Or for the bling factor get some of pig's 300M inners.

As for anyone running stock stuff, my question is anyone in the club still running stock stuff? Ugly would be the last one I would know about, and I think he was getting some of those smurfield things. I'm running the old style longs, and I'm happy with them. Later, I will upgrade the inners, but I have better stuff to drop the cash on right now. Plus, who knows what developements may be just around the corner. I mean, some crazy stuff has started happening in the last few months, and when this formula yota class gets going, it will only grow.

Oh, and one other thing, take everything allpro claims with a grain of salt. yeah they have some good stuff, but sometimes thier stuff is a little overated. And just cause its camo approved or they claim it can handle built v8s don't mean **** either. A good example is what happened with camo. He loved the longfields, then suddenly a mysterious email appears badmouthing AP and camo. Camo then claims its actually from bobby, and is related to failed business dealings, and promptly turns the sheeple on the PBB against bobby. Then, low and behold, camo leaks some comment about this "new, improved" birf that is being developed by someone, who just happens to be AP. Kinda shady to me. And really, do you need rear shafts? Those things are hella strong. Get out there and break the damn thing before you start wanting to upgrade. Some stuff like improved birfs is necessary, but others are just frivolious (sp?)

From Long's Website:

New super longfields - $130 each (no core)
    Upgrade stock birfields - $85 each
    Upgrade inners - $130

I'd rather not plan weeks ahead, pack all my stuff, get a trailer, spend $100+ to tow it 4+ hours and anticipate a fun weekend just to break it and have to sit around or come home early.

Always carry spares.

aggielr
    i didn't see nothing in that post that said don't carry spares

i'm pretty sure it says
    money would be better spent else where until you are out of or low on stock shafts
    edit: sorry that last bit may have been harsh, maybe you should look at spending your $$ on driveshafts and dual case setup, so you CAN actually wheel it, not just web wheel it
    Last edited by aggielr; 12-23-2003 at 07:38 PM.

Violentv8toy
    From what i understand (which is not much) the LF and PFs are the exact same. They both get new birfs from a company and they do their thing, which is virtually the same thing from what i understand. I also gather that the 'new' birfs that Allpro and Bobby get aren't exactly the greatest quality to begin with...meaning the old longs are bester.

Of course, i don't run an 8" front so im not on the up and up on the stuff....but there sure seems like theres alot of questionable stuff going on along with alot of competition in the mix over these damn birfs.

ANyway, i also understand that its not an 'introduction' cost of 80 bux, but rather a competition cost since they both decided not to keep going with this price war and stay at 80.

sideways again... redcagepatrol's Avatar
    I don't carry any spare birfs (have longfields), but I do carry spare inners and one spare rear shaft.

I have not broken an inner yet, the only person that I have seen break an inner, a longfield, and a rear shaft is Busa - all broken on seperate occasions.

stock spares are plenty good for you Nutzs - you are only running 36's right? Just carry some stock spares and get on the trail...

Nutz is
    Scott, FTAC '99
    '62 Nissan Patrol 4-seat Twisted Customs Buggy
    '89 "CJ-7" - Her trail rig
    '05 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD - her daily driver...
    '08 Dodge 2500 Mega Cab 6.7 Diesel 4x4
    scott.schubring@williams.com

The office sucks - I wanna go wheeling!

As soon as I get back I am going to order the t-case adapter. I'm getting a little worried that the fabricator I was going to have work on my case may retire because he got pissed off at the higher-ups and was talking about it. I didn't see him all last week or the week before. Hopefully it was vacation....

All that's left to get it rolling: T-case mount and drive shafts.

BigRedFord04
    you have 3 days

Nah, I just want to be completely ready by Mason.

BigRedFord04
    i think you're just scared to lose your status as a web wheeler.

post the link to that statement ryan...

and - did any of your relatives own Kopeki auto sales on US 281?

I am thinking of going ahead and ordering those profields. The price is too good. So what is the verdict? Are they better or at least as good as the longfields?
    Thanks,
    Chris Scotti
    1988 Suzuki Samurai buggy

I've heard they are made from the same company.

The price jumped up to $129 each now though.

I'm glad I didn't listen to yall and already purchased mine.

Bummer, for $50 more, I can wait until I have solved a few of my other problems first.
    Thanks,
    Chris Scotti
    1988 Suzuki Samurai buggy

aggielr
    damn good thing u got them super strong shafts, cause i know how quick u can go through axle shafts even w/out a drive shaft, can never be too careful