Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Duramax v. Cummins v. Powerstroke

Originally posted by mark
    Vroooooooooooooooom...sssssssssss.....Varooooooooo oooooommm....sssssssssss

-Mark
    Is that the super charger winding down between shifts?
    The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'

heh

I don't think it's a super charger, but it could be a turbo charger. Diesels own gas motors. Enjoy your gallons per mile Mark

Gas mileage is not on the option list for the 8100.

I am not worried about mileage anyway. The way I see it, the 8100 will get about the same mileage as my Jeep!

If I wanted mileage, I would drive a Golden Bubble. (oh wait. i do.)

-Mark
    Just when you though it was safe to go back in the water...

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Well, I slipped back to the graveyard today

I think the diesel wars will rage even harder in the near future, they are going to keep trying to up the mileage and horsepower. Dodge has come along ways with their new trucks (Mega Cab), but the thing still looks like a bread box on 'roids. Chevy has had decent luck with the Dmax, and no one will contest the ride the chebys have. Ford has taken it in the *** lately with the 6.0, but I think that most of that has been taken care of (but not before they drove away alot of customers). I will say that the fords over here are run around between 5 and 15 mph, and take the jp-8 like a champ. The only thing you have to watch for is the oil, if you do not keep good synth in it, the engine runs like crap. A diesel will do just fine at idle all day long, but they were meant to get up to speed and keep you there. I would have bought a Dmax 4dr dually 6spd 4x4 if I could have found one when I was buying, but ford had the best deal on the truck I wanted sans the 6spd (came with the new 5spd auto which is not a bad tranny so far). I might have bought a dodge, but the dealer I went to is terrible and I hope it burns to the ground. They had a truck there that I liked, but the back seat in the 4door was no bigger than the old ex-cab chevy i drove. It was a manual though, but they wanted more for it than the ford i bought. A 6spd will go in the ford if i ever smoke the auto, that should be an interesting swap. I had a 6spd 7.3 ps combo in a work truck and it was awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

I believe Powerstrokes will be featuring an extra turbo from the factory in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGOONRANCH
    Well, I slipped back to the graveyard today

I think the diesel wars will rage even harder in the near future, they are going to keep trying to up the mileage and horsepower. Dodge has come along ways with their new trucks (Mega Cab), but the thing still looks like a bread box on 'roids. Chevy has had decent luck with the Dmax, and no one will contest the ride the chebys have. Ford has taken it in the *** lately with the 6.0, but I think that most of that has been taken care of (but not before they drove away alot of customers). I will say that the fords over here are run around between 5 and 15 mph, and take the jp-8 like a champ. The only thing you have to watch for is the oil, if you do not keep good synth in it, the engine runs like crap. A diesel will do just fine at idle all day long, but they were meant to get up to speed and keep you there. I would have bought a Dmax 4dr dually 6spd 4x4 if I could have found one when I was buying, but ford had the best deal on the truck I wanted sans the 6spd (came with the new 5spd auto which is not a bad tranny so far). I might have bought a dodge, but the dealer I went to is terrible and I hope it burns to the ground. They had a truck there that I liked, but the back seat in the 4door was no bigger than the old ex-cab chevy i drove. It was a manual though, but they wanted more for it than the ford i bought. A 6spd will go in the ford if i ever smoke the auto, that should be an interesting swap. I had a 6spd 7.3 ps combo in a work truck and it was awesome.
    What year was the extended cab chevy, the back seat in my dodge is WAAAAYYYY bigger than in my chevy....
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

Emissions will restrict power in the future, ESPECIALLY on modifications...

Quote Originally Posted by Chadnutz
    Emissions will restrict power in the future, ESPECIALLY on modifications...
    pfft, what do you know...

Quote Originally Posted by agjohn02
    pfft, what do you know...
    no seriously, What do you know? Give us some insider information, we won't leak it!
    I do find it ironic that you are still in my territory, and work for one of our customers, even though we both switched jobs.
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Ok, let me clear it up, I should have said it was not as comfortable as the 97 cheby, and not much more room. There is no way my g-parents would ride in the back seat of the dodge for extended periods of time (grandpa's back dictates a good ride, hence the '06 Dmax he just bought). Dodge has a hellfua engine under the hood, 12V or 24V they are both good engines and the only reason dodge sells as well as it does. If they could just get the body right, make it a little more comfortable to ride in and not fall apart around the frame, then they would have something going on. This is just my opinion though. I still say a Chevy truck with a ford suspension and a cummins engine would be the ultimate truck
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGOONRANCH
    Ok, let me clear it up, I should have said it was not as comfortable as the 97 cheby, and not much more room. There is no way my g-parents would ride in the back seat of the dodge for extended periods of time (grandpa's back dictates a good ride, hence the '06 Dmax he just bought). Dodge has a hellfua engine under the hood, 12V or 24V they are both good engines and the only reason dodge sells as well as it does. If they could just get the body right, make it a little more comfortable to ride in and not fall apart around the frame, then they would have something going on. This is just my opinion though. I still say a Chevy truck with a ford suspension and a cummins engine would be the ultimate truck
    the seat in a chevrolet extended cab is straight up and down and about 2/3 as deep as my dodge....i havent heard anyone having problems with the bodies on the newer dodges either, except maybe the door seals that get pinched and wear out if you classify that as "body"
    So you loose, I win!

except they're ugly and have that football field of sheet metal stuck in the blind spot just so they could have the biggest quad cab evar!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Quote Originally Posted by uglyota
    except they're ugly and have that football field of sheet metal stuck in the blind spot just so they could have the biggest quad cab evar!
    I'm guessing youre talking about the megacab?
    So you loose, I win!

yeah...I meant the blind spot makes them ugly. I think the others look good
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Well for one thing, as soon as the diesel particulate filters go on you won't just be able to turn your juice up because you'll be loading and regenerating your filter far too often. Anyone who wants some real balls will have to stick with an older truck, although I feel like if mine is only a little more powerful that a new one I'd trade for it and no smoke. I have to smoke bad to get their power... They are making enough now that I don't really see the need to modify them anymore...

For current diesel owners, when they go to ultra low sulpher fuel we will most likely have to use stanadyne type lubricant additives. Don't try investing in Stanadyne, however. They aren't publicly traded. Trust me, I've checked.