Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: grinding question

Shaggy
    Ground it to a nice looking finish
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Shaggy
    alright it is 9:25 am and i am starting or the day on the bronco... all are welcome to come by and help... or just come by and drink beer and watch... give me a call on my cell i you havent been here be ore damn a key on my keyboard stoped workin... it is the one between the d and g

Shaggy
    driver side only took me about an hour... it is amazing how much aster it is when you have already igured it out on one side... i guess i am gonna start on the transmission... hopeully all goes well

Shaggy
    here is what it looks like with the 35 on... i still need to cut the Front Fenders but havent Figured out how i want them yet

Shaggy
    the damn long tube headers are gonna make the transmission Fix hard... so i decided to see what one oF doug's 38.5's looked like on there... i think that as soon as i have the 60 in the Front that i would rather have some 38.5's not 37's

Looks good man!

I say cut off the rest of that lip and go 39.5 IROKs!
    What's the plan for the new bumper? Tube or square? Wraparound?

Sweet
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

cut it some more! This is what I'd do...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

hows the solid axle swap going?

Shaggy
    i was considering doing that rear cut already... but i havent decided For sure iF i want to do that yet... i do like the way that Front line is drawn and i think i might just cut it that way... and 39.5 IROKs do sound cool... i need to get a 60 in the Front beFore i start thinking about that though.
    the plans For the bumper are going to be tubing... i am going to incorporate the bumpers into the exocage... but this is in the Future... i am gonna wheel it without a bumper For the time being.

Shaggy
    the solid axle swap hasnt started yet... i need to locate an axle... i need a 78-79 dana 60... austin said that you can put radius arms on them... newer years i would have to set up a 3-link

BigRedFord04
    i guess you never notice how much you use the letter F until you have to put it in caps all the time

ill be your pickup man
    It looks damn good. I say stop cutting if you are going to go with the 38s though, otherwise, i think it will look like you need bigger.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Originally posted by Shaggy
    the solid axle swap hasnt started yet... i need to locate an axle... i need a 78-79 dana 60... austin said that you can put radius arms on them... newer years i would have to set up a 3-link
    44's are easy to find, just get one and then you can use the suspension stuff off of it when you find a 60

You can put radius arms on any Ford 60, but a pre-86 would be better 'cause the spring perch width is 31.5". 86 and later have 36.5" wide spring perches. The narrower width would give you more room between the pumpkin and knuckle on the driver's side. James had coils on the '86 I bought from him, so I'd find a 60 first and build suspensions later.

I don't see your tail lights surviving long without some kind of rear bumper. That corner takes one good drop on a rock and the light's toast.