Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: grinding question

Shaggy
    I also have to Figure out how we are gonna Fix where we mismeasured the holes... the driver side bracket is 1/4 inch oFF too so i need to grind the weld oFF and redo it... i also have a reciever hitch piece that needs to be put in... we have to drill hole and hope we can cut it correct

Measure once... cut twice
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Nice!

is the bumper where it needs to be right now, and the holes in the wrong place?
    Are you sandwiching the frame (with a plate on the other side)?
    I'd just drill the frame to match the holes in the bumper, then make plates for the nut side out of 1/4" steel. (Drill them using the bumper as a template.)
    On your receiver, are you using a storebought one? Make sure you mount it so the pin-hole is accessible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Shaggy
    ya it is sandwitching the frame ... i grinded the plate off and put it where it matches... the bumper is in the right place in that picture... i think drilling out the frame would leave too much of a tendency to slide... maby i weld it on in places that are accessable too

Originally posted by Shaggy
    ya it is sandwitching the frame ... i grinded the plate off and put it where it matches... the bumper is in the right place in that picture... i think drilling out the frame would leave too much of a tendency to slide... maby i weld it on in places that are accessable too
    Both my bumpers are bolted to my blazer and the bolts have never been the cause of the bumper moving. Now ****ty arc welding and the fram bending may cause the bumper to move!!
    1988 Blazer...RIP

True Hollywood Stry
    you had time to mess with the rock sliders for the bumper yet or is that this weekends project.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

Shaggy
    i have to finish boxing it in before i can put the rock sliders on... austin brought home the rest of the metal i need so ill work on it tomorrow

Shaggy
    i finished the fabrication on it... accept the reciever... still need to do that... i also need to clean up some of the welds and paint it... it is gonna have a sweat ass paintjob

Shaggy

Shaggy
    Drilled the starter holes for the hitch

Shaggy
    got hitch in

Shaggy
    Ugly welded it... but it seems to be in there good... welded front and back

Shaggy
    what it looks like now... need to paint it and put it on now... i am gonna need help putting it on because of the rock sliders

Shaggy
    I tested it out... it works great, although you have to hit the pin with a hammer a little to get it in and out

Why didn't you just use a plasma cutter? \

JK man, looks good.

Shaggy
    my plasma cutter is in waco... doesnt really matter i got this to work... i caught my jeans on fire when welding too.. didnt notice till one of my legs was starting to hurt like hell