Thread: Flat Bed and nothing covering the tires?

Flat Bed and nothing covering the tires?

Are there rules about how much tire sticks out in Texas? I want to make this flat bed about the same width as the bed and that will leave all of the tire sticking out...

There are laws about tire coverage, but they aren't strictly enforced. I don't know that a Trooper would overlook a vehicle with NO coverage, though.

I think every once in a while I might take if for a spin to the REC center or something. If anyone ever pulls me over I'll play dumb.

The law is a max of 3" uncovered. Its not enforced. I drive my jeep almost every day and I think the fronts are 7" past the flares. If one wanted to be an ******* my dodge isn't legal either.

BigRedFord04
    the law is actually 3" outside the fenders on the driver's side, and 6" outside on the passenger side. I wouldnt worry about it too much, the only people that can give you a ticket for it are state troopers and DPS officers.

I believe that the law is that nothing can extend further than 6" from the sides of the vehicle except for the side mirrors...

Moose
    aren't yall forgetting you're dealing with CSPD? maybe if i wasn't fish tailing all over college station, i would've gotten more slack, but they seem to look for micro-idiot laws in their "how to make a college student's life miserable" handbook. just watch out for the man.

bigFAWKINranger
    its not enforced. at all. trust me.