Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: $$$ :brew: for 350ci engine tuneup

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    yeah, because timing obviously isn't that important...it's all about that idle mixture!

Also, if you're saying you pulled the outer ring off the balancer, as in the metal on the outside of the rubber isolater between it and the inner hub, you have successfully destroyed that balancer and It should be replaced. Unless you just like the idea of spinning a main bearing or throwing a rod.
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

fbronco86
    Originally posted by Snatch Adams
    YEAH FREDDY"S BACK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    yes yes i was messing the fredo comments.

fbronco86
    Originally posted by Fredo
    yeah, because timing obviously isn't that important...it's all about that idle mixture!

Also, if you're saying you pulled the outer ring off the balancer, as in the metal on the outside of the rubber isolater between it and the inner hub, you have successfully destroyed that balancer and It should be replaced. Unless you just like the idea of spinning a main bearing or throwing a rod.
    i got the fix for that. Just cut the same weight off the flywheel in just the right spot and it will balance it right out.

seen it done before on the shade tree mechanic show.

Mack84
    Originally posted by fbronco86
    yes yes i was messing the fredo comments.

ehhh hem... is it MESSING OR MISSING?......

Violentv8toy
    well, i didn't pull it off. but it rotated about 1/4" or so counterclockwise and out just a hair.

And yeah, timing is important.

But on a Q-jet, if the idle mixture isn't correct, then everything else is screwed up.

yeah, qjets aren't that difficult, I've had a few of them but no matter how good a qjet is running, they don't like inclines. My suggestion to you is to get TBI or TPI on that motor as soon as possible.
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

Violentv8toy
    welll at the moment carb is all i've got.

And q-jets are supposedly supposed to be the best offroading carb out there. So i'll work with what i've got...which is not that bad...just wish it was tuned right.

Off road and carbs don't mix... I actually think it's dangerous to a degree, I wouldn't spend anymore money on that carb.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

fbronco86
    Originally posted by Violentv8toy

And q-jets are supposedly supposed to be the best offroading carb out there. So i'll work with what i've got...which is not that bad...just wish it was tuned right.

nope the motorcraft 2100 or the autolite verson is the best carb it can take a 30 degree angle at best.

fun fact of the day: it turns out that a scout is able to run upside down with fuel injection.

Weber es good.

True Hollywood Stry
    the 500 cfm two barrel that was on my 460 when i bought it ran batter than any carb i have had on any truck for angles and stuff, too bad i need more gas for it or it would still be one there.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

Originally posted by Violentv8toy

Dude, I offroaded with a Qjet for a year or so, and my brother did for about two years. I wouldn't trust that pile of **** carb to be a doorstop much less work on angles. It's a smallblock chevy, it's not like it's hard to fuel inject it.

Originally posted by eight
    Weber es good.
    False

Originally posted by robertf03
    False
    nope

Fresh Cope, It Satisfies! StevenAg03's Avatar
    Originally posted by eight
    nope

yup
    Steven W